Lost Memories and Amends

Hermione closed her eyes and focused on her breathing in attempt to calm her nerves. When she felt she was ready she gave a small nod and tried to think of nothing but remembering the day she was born. The six people around her raised their wands, and pointed them at her while they started chanting the spell. Blaise looked over at his mother and seen she was just as nervous as he was before looking back to the girl he bullied for seven years. The Weasleys who wern't helping with the spell each paid more attention to the three ex-death eaters who stood around Hermione to make sure they didn't try to pull something and hurt her.

The whole room was tense until Hermione gasped, and everyone could see her long lost memory in their minds eye. It was exactly as Narcissa's memories were just from a different perspective and when the small baby was passed to the muggle woman who raised Hermione, they lowered their wants and silence fell on the room.

Hermione wanted to sit up and look around but the only thing she could manage was opening her eyes. No one said a word while they looked around at one another.

Harry was the first to move as he sat next to Hermione to check on her, he didn't say anything but when she met his eyes and nodded he knew she was okay so he held her hand and waited for her to move.

Blaise felt a pang of jealousy as he watched Harry confront his sister in such a brotherly way. He wished he could be there for her like the raven-haired boy was but couldn't bring himself to move.

Draco however didn't see Harry's actions as brotherly; he couldn't help but wonder if they had become more than friends since their days at school. He didn't know what it was about Hermione, but he too felt jealousy when he wasn't the one confronting her.

Ron went to take a step towards Hermione to join Harry in comforting her but Ginny grabbed his arm and kept him with her. Ginny knew Hermione loved Harry like a brother, whereas Ron just as a very close friend and the thing she would need right now is a moment with just her brother.

Jean wanted to confront her daughter like Molly did earlier, but she knew the relationship wasn't there; she was still a stranger and that kind of relationship would take time.

After about ten minutes of everyone staring at her, Hermione sat up and looked around. People seemed to relax with her actions and Narcissa finally broke the silence, "Have you all eaten? We knew Hermione would need to eat after, so we waited in hope she would join us, and you are all welcome to do the same"

"What do you say 'Mione?" Harry looked at her and made sure to speak loud enough for everyone in the room to hear him. 

Hermione blushed as she felt everyone's eyes on her, "I am actually really hungry. I was so nervous I haven't eaten yet today."

"Then its settled! I will let the house elves know." Jean spoke and left the room so quick she was almost running.

Blaise looked from the door his mother just left through, "Sorry, she's really nervous." he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why?" Hermione's voice was little more than a whisper but with how quiet it was in the room everyone heard her.

Blaise looked up and opened his mouth just to close it again before Molly spoke, "This cant be easy for her dear, she probably feels guilty about not being in your life. I really think you should make a point to talk to her while we eat, I know I would appreciate it if I was in her position." She offered a small smile and nod to Hermione.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," Pansy said, "I know she would appreciate it as much as we appreciate the effort your putting in for her."

"Hermione, umm, would you mind if we had a word." Blaise looked around, "Just the two of us."

The Weasleys all shifted uncomfortably, and Harry cleared his throat telling Hermione he didn't think it was a good idea, ignoring them all she said yes and got off the bed to follow her long lost brother out of the room.

Once they left, the room went back to it's very awkward silence. Harry got off the bed to join Mrs. Weasley as she walked to her family on the right side of the room. Ron waited until his mother and best friend were close before he spoke in a hushed voice, "I don't like that they walked off together."

"Why? It's not like he's going to hurt her, shes his sister after all." Ginny didn't like that her best friend was alone with a Slytherin but unlike her brother, she remembered how strong Hermione was and knew she could handle herself.

"Well we don't know that. I don't trust him Gin, I say we go after them." Ron looked around at his family to see who agreed.

Mr. Weasley cleared his throat as Pansy and Draco approached the group with caution.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but we wanted to talk." she looked up at Draco then back to the group.

"About what?" Charley spoke to the two Slytherins but glared at Ron, willing him not to speak knowing it would be rude and exactly what Hermione didn't want.

"We need to apologize." Draco took a deep breath, "We know what we did was wrong, we didn't think about how others would feel and react to us being, well us, the way we were back then. We are truly sorry and for Hermione's sake, we're hoping we can call a truce and atleast be decent to one another."

Ron went to yell at them but Harry began talking first, "What do you mean for Hermione's sake? Why do you care?"

Draco and Pansy looked at one another, she nodded and he continued, "Blaise really wants a relationship with his sister. I seen his face when we found out it was Hermione."

Pansy cut him off, "His heart broke, his dreams of having a sibling were crushed. He needs this and we want to help him so that's what were trying to do."

No one said anything, even Ron, who realized they were sincere. Ginny wanted to say yes, she would be civil for Hermione but knew she didnt need to when Harry reached towards Draco to shake his hand.