Secrets and Cats?

The scar on her side was burning like hell. Since she woke up this morning, it had been irritating her. She gripped her side, harshly. She looked on at the scene before her.

Danny, or Phantom, as he had tried to lead her to believe, was doing a horrendous job.

Kalush wasn't kidding, Sam thought to herself. They really don't know what they're doing.

The Dead Sea salt and sage infused pouches in her belt satchel would stop that slimy serpent in its tracks.

"Nymph..." she heard the serpentine beast, an Anguis Nefas, or Hell's Serpent, hiss out. "Where is the wood nymph?"

"W-what?" Danny's voice strained under the pressure of being crushed. "Wood nymph?"

An unpleasant heat bubbled in Sam's gut as she watched the damned creature tighten it's hellish grip on Danny.

"Where is the remaining wood nymph?" The spine shivering howl echoed through the streets.

Give it to 'im, Ivy, Zoey's voice hissed in her head.

Sam scoffed. "Right here."

The blood red gaze of the Anguis turned towards her as she stood, unwavering, on top of the building.

Phantom couldn't find his voice. She was as beautiful as she was intimidating. Her physique was slim and slender, and her long, illuminated hair danced in the wind from under her hood. Her most astonishing features were her amethyst eyes that shined even the darkest hour of the night. Astonishing, and yet...familiar.

"Struggling, Phantom?" Her lips curved into a grin.

Before he could even begin to contemplate her sultry smile, he was thrown aside like a broken toy, barely managing to keep himself from crashing into the pavement again. He floated a good distance away, keeping his gaze on the mysterious woman.

Could this be her? The "Good Witch"? He mused.

The Anguis let out a nauseating snicker. "Your head is a prize, nymphling."

Sam snorted. "That won't mean much to you when I'm finished."

The Anguis swiped its massive claws towards her neck, only for her to leap out of reach.

As swift as a feather, she flipped down and bounced off an awning, flying towards the hellish serpent. Sam ripped a sage colored cheesecloth pouch out of her satchel and flung it right in the beast's eyes.

A guttural howl raddled the streets, followed by a sizzling sound, like water on a hot stove.

Danny's eyes widened. He was amazed by the meager weapon's effect, but what really caught his attention was the hooded woman's movements. Only one person I know moves like that...But it couldn't be her, could it?

Sam landed effortlessly on her feet, right in front of Tucker and Valerie, still on the ground after taking such a blow.

"Looks like we found her, " Tucker gasped.

Valerie scoffed. "More like she found us."

The Anguis let out a reptilian snarl, its eyes closed tightly. Its forked tongue flicked out, tasting the very air.

"Your luscious scent is apparent, nymph," it snarled. "You cannot hide!"

"Who's hiding?" Sam laughed as she launched herself into the Anguis' gut, foot first.

Caught by surprise, the blow toppled the serpent. Sam landed by Danny, who was awestruck. His mouth hung open as he stared.

She raised a brow at him. "You better close that thing, Phantom," she said, humorously "You'll catch a fly."