1st Chapter

It was a warm day in May, yet she felt cold as never before. Maybe it was because scary future was ahead, the
exams were coming, this time being crucial for entering the colleague. But she exhalated knowing that wasn't it. It was him. The annoying, self-centered idiot who knew just right how to wear a pink shirt. That color which she had been hating until she saw him in it.

Again she quaked. And again she ignored it.

She entered the house, dropped her bag onto the floor and headed off to the kitchen.

- Hi, honey! You look pale again. Why don't you listen to me and go to the doctor? - her mother asked while putting lunch on the table.
- I told you, I'm fine.
- I'm not so sure... - woman in her forties put a hand on daughter's forehead - You're cold. - she murmured softly.
- I know. - Elisa whispered annoyingly and grabbed a spoon.
- Here... - mother came back with sweater - Put it on.

Elisa didn't ask why the woman wanted to make her warm on the day when temperature was 26°C and why she wasn't making panic about it anymore. She just accepted the advise and ate her lunch being a little bit cozier, but still cold from the inside.

That night woman was sitting with her husband in the living room. Empty wine bottle was on the coffee table. Low sounds were coming from the TV while they were hugged surrounded by many cushions. Nevertheless, she didn't seem to be happy.

- Anna, what's wrong? - her husband finally asked - You've been acting weird all night.
- Mark...do you think it's possible she inherited it from your grandgrandmother?
- What?
- You know...
- I don't. - he sad with confusion on his face.
- The gene...To be a...well, whatever that is. - Anna sad with fear.
- You mean...a Nephilim? No! - Mark nervously commented - Jesus, where did you find that idea?!
- She has been acting strangely lately...
- How do you mean? - he seemed to be more and more pale with every second of conversation.
- Well...she eats like crazy, but she is not gaining any weight.
- That could be because of the stress. You know she's off to college this fall.
- Well, I'd thought that too if there weren't two other thinks.
- Which are?
- She was yelling at me three days ago that she won't go to the doctor and all of the sudden, all dishes on the table fell apart onto million fragments. And when I tried to talk with her about it she sad there was nothing to talk about, like nothing had happened.
- What is the other thing?
- She keeps being cold. That's why I've suggested going to the doctor on the fist place. But today... Today I realized I may have been giving her completely wrong advice all along. 'Cause...if she's a... nephilim...
- Even if she is - Mark responded to his wife with a whisper - She couldn't possibly be bounding, she's not 21 yet. And the rule says the bound can be felt by nephilims only if they are 21 or older.
- So... You're saying she might be...
- We don't know that. We knew there is a chance if some of your family members are nephilims, but you sad there weren't any in your family. If she is to be a nephilim, that means your parents have been lying to you.
- But...why would they do that? They know neither you neither I are nephilim, we need every help about it that we can get!
- Well, obviously they didn't expect that. The odds were almost nonexistent.
- So...you think there's a chance?
- When I told my grandpa I would get married, he warned me that, even if my wife wasn't a nephilim, there's a chance our child will be. And that chance was to be bigger as closer the nephilim cousin was to be on the family tree. Still, I was hoping that won't happen...
- What are we going to do...
- The question you are look for, dear, is, if this is happening, who is the person she is bounding to?

While her parents were trying to find the answer, she was turning on in bed, unable to sleep. The same man, the same picture of him and his smell, she could somehow feel on the opposite site of classroom, were jumping all over her brain, making her feel dizzy. Dizzy and cold.

He turned off the lamp on the beside table and closed his eyes. Image of her flashed in front of his eyes and he cursed under his breath. Unless he found a way to stop thinking about her and feel her with each step during the day, he was going to get mad. And if he got mad there was just one thing he could do to make everything right. Get her and have her. With that though he smiled and managed to fall asleep.