2nd Chapter

- What?! - man in his thirties almost dropped a mug on the floor.

His ten years older friend stood across him with hands crossed in front of his chest.

- Adam, it's not how it seems...

- Yes, Aleks, it is! You bounded with an eighteen years old girl!

- First of all, I haven't chosen to do that, and it is still not confirmed. Second, she is to be nineteen in less then a month.

- Oh, isn't that just great! - now Adam threw the mug in the kitchen's sink - She will be a year older! How sad that you will be too, still twenty-two years older!!

- Look... I know that.

- Then why the heck did you do it?

- I didn't!

- How do you mean?? You know Nephilim needs to spend time with someone to be able to bound. You know there is no destiny, it's just what we choose.

- I'm her professor, I couldn't quit my job. Most of all, I didn't know! She doesn't look like one.

- I don't understand, every Nephilim looks like Nephilim.

- Not her. She barely reaches my shoulder with height. She has tiny feminine musculature. And she seems to be very fragile.

- That doesn't have any sense. Why do you think she's a Nephilim then?

- Because I can feel her even if she stands in the next room. She has that smell that drives me insane. And it is...as if she can read my mind. Sometimes I can feel her in my head.

Room suddenly became quiet. The two friends looked at each other, one extremely miserable and the other very suspicious.

- Look man... - Adam came to Alex and landed a hand on his shoulder - I have no idea what's going on, but I want you to know, whatever it is, I'm here for you. So, just don't explode or do something stupid. We'll figure this out.

- Yeah...

- You know my cousin works in The Library, I'll call her and ask to check for the information. - after a moment of silence, he continued - How sad...You have never been in love before and know the eighteen years old will inherit all your fortune when you die...

- Nineteen, you idiot! - Aleks laughed and gently hit his friend on the back of the head.

In the meantime, Elisa was walking through the city and looking for a good place to sit and drink her coffee-to-go. Despite of being 8 o'clock pm, she could afford to consume a caffeine, because she hadn't been sleeping either way. But it was completely useless to try and explain that to her mother. Every time she mentioned it, dear mother would replay the same: You are overthinking everything. When you stop doing it, that won't happen. She'd bet all her savings that woman wasn't lying just her, but herself too.

- Ahh, finally... - she murmured and set on the bench of the hidden park in the center of the city.

It was a bright night so she could see some stars beyond treetops. She took a sip of the warm drink and kept thinking: Why is this happening to me? Why can't I just feel...free.

From the distant part of the path she noticed silhouettes approaching. It was quite dark, but she didn't feel threatened sitting alone. It was relaxing just breathing and being a part of the nature. Nevertheless, the two silhouettes soon became two visionally recognizable men. Her guts twisted a little, it was a feeling she sometimes had and which unfortunately never have let her down. Now the panic started to work. She slowly stood up and started to walk down the path, hoping to reach the illuminated part before two men caught up with her. But as soon as she started to walk, unknown man got a bit faster. She accelerated too. Before she realized what's happening, all three of them were running. She, to save her life, and the two, obviously to catch her.

But no matter how much she tried, panic overtook her, and, in a few seconds, she stumbled upon a rock. Men caught her up and grabbed her for her arms. Shock made her shiver and the smell of alcohol from men's mouth woke up a disgusted feeling. She screamed, but there was no one to hear. The two made fun of her tears and started dragging her between trees where was even darker. She squirmed but couldn't get free.

Across the road, in the foothill, walked Aleks. He heard someone's groan and freezed. It was Elisa. He turned to the sound and started running. Cold sweat was covering his skin. But when he stopped on the dark path and looked into the woods, the yelling was gone. Worst taught crossed his mind,  then he looked more closely and saw Elisa crying, curled up next to one tree. Two men were lying lifeless little further. He could smell their blood. She was trembling and a soft sob escaped from her mouth. He ran towards her.

- Are you okay? - he kneeled in front of her and started inspecting her. The blood was all over her face and jacket.

- I don't know. - she cried - I...I think I killed them. I didn't want to... I just... They wanted to rape me...

He tapped her on the forearm trying to comfort her but soon realized that didn't have any sense. So, he pulled her into the embrace and felt relief when she simply accepted it by leaning a head on his shoulder.

- Will you call the police? - she asked when stopped sobbing.

He pulled away from her but kept holding her upper arms. It seemed that she just then figured that he came to help when he heard the scream. He. The man she was trying to get away from because she couldn't explain herself why she had been yearning for him. And now he was looking at her like she was the most beautiful and scariest creature at the same time.

- No. - finally he responded and before she managed to ask why, added - There's someone else I need to call. But this is not your worry anymore. From now, I'm handling everything. Okay?

She new there was much more to his statement then she could get an explanation for right there. So she whispered softly:

- Okay.

He nodded and took off his jacket indicating her to take off her dirty one. That night, everything changed. And by taking many minutes of silence while waiting the help, they concluded just one think which was certain. She wasn't cold anymore and he wasn't feeling in need. They were oddly satisfied.