6th Chapter

Alex was sitting on the sofa and watching Elisa who was desperately trying not to shiver in the armchair. He couldn't help the feeling he was able to get her warm in a second. But that thought gave him more problems then benefits because he couldn't be serious as much as he wanted.

- Why would angles contact you if I'm the one who is to carry those...special babies?

She blushed at the meaning of the sentence but soon forgot the idea of intimacy with the man sitting across her because of seriousness of the reality.

- They assumed you would be too afraid to take their message fully and with no doubt. And, most of all, I'm the one in charge for your safety. It would be useless telling you what I should do to keep you safe.

- Did you call my parents? – she asked all the sudden – I didn't tell them I was with you; they must be worrying...

She reached for her phone and froze when she didn't see any message or missed call. The air was unbearably uptight.

- Why didn't they call me?

He felt his heart sinking in the center of the earth and tried to find right words.

- Your house is the first place where evil is supposed to find you...

- You're saying the Devil might visited them? – she felt tears arising.

- We can't be sure, that's why we are here now...

She directed a look again through the big sliding doors that were revealing a beautiful garden with many green plants. This house seemed to be like a home she would have been dreaming to buy for her husband and five children, which is how many she at least wanted to have, for some unexplainable reason. She blushed again. This time combining her intimate thoughts towards Alex with her fear for her family. And that was the moment when everything became too much for her. She stopped trying not to shiver, bowed her head and started crying.

That was an alarm for Alex who rushed towards her and managed to embrace her trembling body. He slowly lifted her and took her spot on the armchair while replacing her seat with his lap. She didn't complain, instead she buried her head between his shoulder and neck. He gently wrapped arms around her and kept holding her. For a second, he felt like the biggest jerk on the world for enjoying the moment, but he was aware he wasn't enjoying her pain, he was just happy to be with her, holding her and having an honor of her trusting him.

- I'm sorry. – she spoke softly.

It was a while now since she had stopped crying. They were lying in the armchair, more precisely she was lying on him while he was trying not to stretch. The TV was on. Some boring show about gold hunters. But they didn't want to move, knowing when that was to happen, they wouldn't soon have guts to hold each other again.

- You have nothing to be sorry about. – he said and kept slowly running his fingers across her arm.

- I should be strong.

- You are strong.

- No. Not enough.

He was so shocked that he lowered his head to be able to look her into the eyes.

- You are being funny; do you know that?

- What? – she said confused and all of the sudden aware of his strong male presence. And embrace.

- You are the strongest person I have ever met. So, don't you think you should be different.

- What if this isn't to happen? I mean... What if am not to be a Half-Nephilim, but just accidentally got some features that can be restrained?

- You saw what happened...

- I know. – she interjected – But...maybe I can control it. If I haven't been showing signs for eighteen years, maybe I can not to show them in the future either.

He took a deep breath and responded:

- Elisa... I know, and believe me I really mean it, better than anyone else, how much you don't want to be a part of this. Unfortunately, this isn't something you can choose. You can control your acting, but only while it's in the limit of your emotions. When your heart overcomes your brain, you become a slave of your soul. It's inevitable.

- But, why would my feelings become stronger than my thoughts?

- Some call it fate, some call it God. Whichever name you decide to choose, it is still unexplainable force that controls our lives and defines who we are. Our strongest emotions are what makes us different and unifies the ones equally same in it.

- This is way too many smart talking and too little solutions for my problem.

He laughed.

- This is my problem too.

- I don't see it that way.

- Maybe that is because it's not up to you how to explain the principle that holds us together.

This was the moment when she realized where she was sitting and who they were. She quickly stood up.

- I need to go to the toilet.

She disappeared down the hallway before he got a chance to say anything. Few minutes of silence helped him remember that he didn't have time for cuddling. He needed to be a man. A grown-up man. It was time for them to start flying away.

While he was building the plan, her grandmother hoped he was already carrying it out.

- So...You are really one hundred percent sure you don't know where she is...

- I told you, I don't know. – older woman was sitting on the sofa and refusing to look at the tall man in black that was walking up and down the living room.

- Mhm...Just as you don't know that she is a Half-Nephilim?

Woman still didn't want to give attention to the evil man, so he angrily threw a coffee table on the other side of the room and lowered enough to look her directly into the eyes.

- I know you must feel very proud of yourself, but I can't read you mind only because you have Nephilim gene, not because you are smarter or stronger than me. Which is why I'm going to remind you just one more time... If you don't tell me where Elisa is, I'm not going to kill just her when I find her, but your daughter and grandson also. And I'm going to do it with a lot of joy.

His evil laughter took over his beautiful face and the woman spat on him without any fear, only disgust in her look.

Man pulled her for her hair, but she didn't scream.

- I'd kill you right now, but I have a better idea. You'll be the bait.

He laughed one more time, and the woman couldn't do anything but hope her granddaughter won't be looking for her. To scream or beg was completely useless because the demon would feed on it without mercy.

It was important that Anna, Mark and their son John were already seated at the Adam's cousin's house.

- Don't worry. Alex knows what he is doing. – he told Elisa's family.

Even though, he wasn't so sure about it. But he wanted to believe in it.

And on the other side of the town, Alex was turning on the engine of the car, almost as his friend's hope was giving him a power. He might didn't have all planed out, but certainly had one thing on his mind. He needed to marry Elisa. And he needed to do it as soon as possible.