C20

It's been about a day since I started planning on going to resurrect Ani. Not much happened. I mainly stated in my room all day and night preparing. Today was the day. Now was the time.

I had Alastor dig up Ani's grave and get a piece of DNA. It was a requirement if I wanted to bring her old self back.

I threw my cloak on just as Alastor walked through the front door.

"Y/n darling I have what you asked for." He said grinning as usual.

He handed me a small glass bottle with a small piece of black hair in it.

"Thank you Alastor. Did you remember to re-bury her?" I asked.

"Yes I did. I would never do such a thing as to leave her out for the hounds." He reassured. Still smiling. Like always.

"Okay. Thank you." I said putting the small glass bottle in my pocket.

He nodded and walked away to do who knows what. I pulled the hood over my head and summoned my scythe.

"Y/n." I heard a sad voice call from behind me.

I turned around to be greeted by a sad and worried Charlie.

"Please be safe." She said with tears brimming her eyes.

I smiled and walked over to her. I pulled my hood back down and hugged her. After a moment I pulled away and looked her in the eyes. "I will be safe. I promise." I smiled reassuringly.

She smiled. Suddenly my leg got attacked in a hug almost causing me to stumble and fall but I balanced myself.

"Please be safe!" Nifty cried into my leg.

"I will." I chuckled and patted her head.

She looked up at me with sparkling eyes and smiled.

I felt an arm draped over my shoulders. "Yea. Don't die." I heard Angel's voice say next to me.

I smiled up at him.

"You sure you don't want help?" I heard Vaggie say from in front of me.

I nodded. "I'm sure. I don't want to put anyone here in danger."

"Okay...uh be safe alright?" She looked at me with worried eyes but a blank face.

I nodded.

Once Nifty released my leg from her death grip (with the help of Angel) I walked towards the front door.

Once outside I inhaled deeply which was a bad idea because it smelled like blood, drugs, alcohol, and sex. I started coughing. I may have been down here in hell for a few months, but I could never get used to that smell.

"Yea bad idea bucko." I heard a rough voice say from behind me.

I suddenly felt excited and happy by hearing that voice. I wonder why...

I turned around to be met with the face of the grumpy cat bird himself.

"Heh..yea I forgot this was hell for a moment." I said.

"How?" He asked like there was no way to forget you are in hell. (which there isn't)

"Well I guess it's because it doesn't seem like hell when you are in there with them." I replied gesturing towards the hotel.

"Meh." He shrugged and walked beside me.

We sat there for a moment in silence. I could tell he wanted to say or do something but I didn't know what. He was fiddling with the bottle of booze in his hands nervously.

"You sure you don't want help?" He asked. You can hear the worry laced in his tone as clear as day, but he was obviously trying to hide it. Let's just say he failed miserably.

"Yes. I don't want to put anyone here in danger. If I am not able to resurrect Ani and I brought someone along with and they didn't make it out alive I wouldn't know how to live with myself...especially if you were the one to come along." I said sadly but mumbled the last part. I was surprised. Why did I say (mumble) that? Luckily he didn't seem to hear.

He turned to me. I looked back at him. We stared into each others eyes for a moment. I snapped out of it and blushed rubbing my neck and looking away.

"W-well I should get going." I said walking forward.

"Y-yea..um...be safe okay?" He said worriedly which is a lot coming from him.

I looked back and smiled at him brightly. My cheeks were still a bit red and my eyes were closed. "I will. See you soon." I winked and crushed the orb in my hand.

Here we go.

I'll see you soon Ani.

*Sorry it took so long. Got some wholesome moments to back it up though!

Stay Tuned~