C24

It has been a few days since that 'midnight at the bar' incident. Husk and I have basically avoided each other since. Especially the way we woke up. That was what made it so awkward!

-Flashback-

My eyes fluttered open. Where...where am I? This doesn't look like my trusty black ceiling in the hotel. In fact it's rather...bright? Like a light shining right in my eyes.

I felt something tighten around my waist. Confused, I blinked away the morning blur in my vision and inspected what was holding me.

Instead of finding out what exactly was squeezing me (Not that I mind. It was rather comfortable.) I got a face full of soft fluff. Not a moment after, the memories from last night hit me like a brick.

Now knowing what exactly it holding on to me, my face flushes a deep crimson.

'ohmygodohmygodohmygod'

It's Husk.

The grumpy cat-bird demon that I've gotten to know over these past few months.

He was gripping me like his life depended on it.

I sat completely still. Too shocked to do anything.

Suddenly I heard a groan. Husk began to stir. I covered my face with my hands. I felt his head lift itself from my neck.

"What the..." I heard his voice grumble.

There was a moment of silence.

"Oh Jesus fucking Christ." After he said that, I felt his warmth leave me in a hurry.

I felt...disappointed? No that can't be right. I should feel relieved. I mentally shake that thought away after I hear a thump and a groan. My legs were slightly yanked away then it went silent.

He must have gotten stuck on my legs considering they were intertwined with his. I groan, my hands never leaving my face, and roll onto my side.

This is gonna be so awkward.

-Flashback End-

I sigh and continue mopping the floors. I have gotten a lot better over the past few days and my injuries are healing rather quickly.

Wiping my forehead of invisible sweat, I put the mop back in the bucket and roll it to the kitchen. I dump out the dirty water and rinse the sink and dishes.

I hear the kitchen door open. As I look back to see who entered the kitchen I accidentally cut my hand on the knife I was cleaning.

"Agh." I hiss quietly.

"Oh fuck. Hold on." I hear a familiar grumble from behind me making my face flush.

'Why am I blushing? This is stupid.' I shake my head and focus on stopping the bleeding.

A moment later I feel someone coming up behind me.

"Here. Just uh hold that or something. I'll ask Charlie for bandages." He mumbles.

I mumble a small 'thanks' and hold pressure on the cut.

A few minutes later I hear footsteps rapidly approaching and the door being slammed open.

"(Y/N)!" I hear Charlie's voice. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Y-Yea I'm fine. Been through worse. A few bandages would be helpful though." I say as she comes to a halt beside me.

"Yea. I got them right here. Let me see." She orders.

I turn to her and remove the paper towel.

"You gotta stop hurting yourself (y/n)." She says as she leans my wound.

I hiss at the stinging pain. "Yea yea. Sorry Charlie." I apologize.

After a bit she finishes. I look around and frown when I see that Husk is nowhere in sight.

"Where'd Husk go?" I ask.

"Oh he went back to the bar after he told me you were injured." She says as she cleans up the mess.

I sigh.

"Why?" She asks.

"I have something I need to talk about with him." I say.

I really do need to talk to him about this. We can't avoid each other forever.

"Oh? Did something happen?" She asks sparing me a side glance.

"Yea..." my face flushes and I turn my head away from her. "...b-but I don't really wanna talk about it."

I can basically feel her smirk.

"Okay. I won't pry." She says.

"Thanks." I mumble.

I start walking out the door and heading towards the bar. 'Here goes nothing.'

* I am super sorry it took so long but here ya go!

Stay Tuned~