Chapter 1

"Are you kidding me?!" Erin screamed as her alarm went beeping 20 minutes before she set it for. "The damn thing. I've had it for 5 years." She said, her voice full of anger as she snatched the alarm and chucked it across the messy room. After 3 minutes of hazily staring at the ceiling she slowly got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom. She slapped her hair into a messy bun, and splashed water on her face, flinching because of the cold.

"Erin!" Her mother called. "I made some bacon and waffles." Erin walked slowly to the door, sliding on some slippers, and started to walk down the steps. When Erin entered the kitchen the sent of bacon filled her nose, and it instantly awakened her.
She grabbed a plate from the counter, and put some pieces of bacon and a waffle on it. She set her plate down, then grabbed a cup and poured herself some orange juice.

"Well, usually when I call you down for breakfast it takes you half an hour before you get down here," my mom stated.

"Yeah well, my crumby alarm clock keeps beeping long before the timer is set for."

"Looks like you need a new one."

"Yes please." She said, stuffing a huge piece of waffle in her mouth.

"Well, when you get home from school today, we can look for a new one at Target." She said giving her a little grin. Erin nodded to let her know she agreed, and started gnawing on a piece of bacon.

When Erin finished she laid her plate and cup in the sink, and headed up the stairs. When she entered her room, she immediately went to the dresser,opening, searching, and closing drawers to find a decent outfit. She finally picked a pair of dark washed jeans, a blue crop top with a smiley face on it, and a pair of cream colored converse. She fixed her bun to make it look more presentable, grabbed her bag, and left the house.

Erin rode her bike the mile every morning to Lincoln high, because that's the only exercise she'll do. When she got to school she locked her bike up, and walked into the school. She got all the necessary supplies for her first class and headed towards it. When she sat down in her seat in the second row, the bell rang almost on queue. As her history teacher started talking, Erin started to zone out.