Chapter 7

Erin once again, walked in her house late at night, but this time at 10:00. She had been gone for 7 whole hours, most of the time was spent majorly making out, the other time just talking about what was going on in their life.

By the time Erin got up to her room, she was too tired to change out of her skinny jeans and blouse. Despite how tired she was, she couldn't get to sleep. She checked her phone multiple times to see if Michael texted or called her, but each time she was disappointed.

I just spent 7 hours with him, and yet I still want to talk to him! God I feel like I'm getting addicted. Erin thought to herself. She twisted and turned for what seemed like hours, until she finally fell asleep.

**********************************

The next morning she woke up, with a throbbing feeling on her neck. A hickey. She rubbed the spot, while getting up and heading towards the bathroom. She opened the medicine cabinet, and pulled out a cotton ball and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. She poured a dot of the alcohol onto the cotton ball and started to carefully dab it onto the red blotch. It stung, but she kept applying the rubbing alcohol.

When she finished, she grabbed her sweatshirt off the floor from the night before, and started to head down stairs.

"Happy weekend!" Her mother exclaimed, filled with joy. Erin just gave her a smile, then headed towards the stove, where there lay 2 pieces of french toast and a little pile of scrabbled eggs on a pan. She grabbed her self one of the french toasts and what was left off the eggs, and sat down at the counter.

"So, where were you last night?" Erin's mom asked. Erin stopped in her tracks , put down the piece of french toast she was about to eat, and responded.

"What do you mean?" was the only thing she could think of to say.

"Well I came in your room to tell you that dinner was ready, but you weren't there." Of course. Erin thought to herself. Why didn't I think of that before?! She felt like an idiot, but couldn't sit around mopping, she needed an excuse.

"Well, I have a project in science and my partner really wanted to work on it last night." She replied. She remembered what she told her mom. the other night and then said, "Michelle, remember?" This made her mom smile, and just nod her head. Erin was relived for the lie she told the other night, and that it seemed like her mom forgot that Erin did tell her where she went.

Erin finished her french toast very quickly after that, afraid that her mom would ask more about the night before. Luckily, she didn't. Erin quickly laid her plate and cup in the sink and ran up the stairs to get dressed. She decided on a pair of light blue denim jeans, and a nirvana mussel t. She slipped on a pair of her black converse, and threw her hair into a top knot. She grabbed her backpack and ran down the stairs and out the door.

Erin was leaving 20 minutes before she usually did, due to the fact her mom might ask her more questions and Erin was horrible at lying. So she decided to call Michael to drive her to school. She grabbed her phone out of her back pack and dialed his number.

"Hello?" his sweet voice rang into the speaker.

"Hey, uh... do you think you could pick me up on my street?" Erin asked, a little embarrassed.

"Yeah sure. But why?" He asked.

"Well, if my mom drove me that means a whole 10 minutes of silence. 10 minutes of silence means she will want to talk to me. And since she will want to talk to me, she will want to know about you." Erin said.

"Me?" Michael asked. "You told your mom about me?"

"No not you. I kinda told you that your....uh... a girl named Michelle." She said uneasily. He laughed for a long while, then said he would be there in 5 minutes and hung up, not even giving her a chance to say a word.

When Michael turned onto Erin's street, he almost missed her, since she didn't get to tell him that she was on the side walk and not her house. He pulled up on the side of the road where she was sitting on the curb, and got out of the car.

"Here I am. Michelle to the rescue!" He said, a smirk forming on his face.

"Thanks." she said as she began to stand, and he took her hand. He walked her over to the passenger side, opened the door and signaled his hand in a way that told her to get in. She hopped in, grabbed the seat belt, and pulled it over her body, clicking it into the holster. He got in the front seat and started the car immediately. The drive was short, and surprisingly silent. She wished she would have urged herself to say something, but the ride wasn't long enough, and she was just to tired to care.