Chapter 19

Texas. That is exactly what she smelled when she woke up the next morning. It took her a while to realize where she was, but she woke up a bit more and she remembered. She also remembered that Michael had called her 56 times, and she didn't call him back once. Now, she was feeling guiltier than ever. She told herself that if, and when he calls again, she would answer. He deserved it.

She got out of her bed and walked into the hallway to the bathroom. She looked in the huge mirror at the bun at the top of her head. She pulled her still damp hair out, and looked around for the blow dryer she had put in there last night. She blow dried her hair for 10 minutes before it was totally dry. When she walked back into the guest bedroom, she clicked her phone on. There was one missed call.

Michael.

She immediately tapped on his contact to call him back. It barley rung once.

"ERIN! Are you okay? Where are you? Can i come see you?" Michael yelled almost too fast for Erin to understand.

"Michael! I'm fine. No you cant come see me."

"What? Why? Erin I'm so sorry for blowing you off. But I always hurt anyone that I talk too! I love you and don't want anything to happen to you."

"It's fine Michael. I get it. You needed time to think, and that's what I gave you. Time. And I would love to see you right now. But I really can't see you."

"Erin I said sorry!"

"That's not it Mic-"

"Then what is it?"

"I'm in Texas." It was silent for a minute.

"Texas?" he said sounding really confused.

"Yes. My dad wanted to see me for spring break. I said yes because you weren't talking to me and this may be the only time that I will get to see him for a long time."

"So this is my fault."

"No! Why must you always turn it on you! I wanted to see my dad. I didn't think you would care so much."

"Well I do care."

"I looked for you to tell you." Erin said unexpectedly.

"What?"

"I went to the cafe you play at. I asked Calum and Luke where you were. They didn't know either."

"Erin-"

"So where were you?"

"I can't tell you."

"Well I hope you at least went to the cafe because they were looking for you."

"I did. I played with them last night." Their conversation was interrupted by a knock on Erin's door.

"Can I come in? Do have clothes on?" her dad asked.

"Who is that?!" Michael yelled.

"My father! Michael I have to go. I will call you later." And she hung up without letting him say goodbye.

"Yes dad I'm dressed."Erin said snickering. Her dad walked in with a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast with a glass of orange juice.

"Thanks dad." Erin said with a smile. He came over to her bed, gave her a kiss on the head, and left without asking anything about who she was talking to on the phone.

Erin knew that she had to call Michael back, but she thought she at least deserved to eat one meal without worrying about him.