Chapter 11

By the time they got to the police station it was 1 am and both Erin and Michael were very tired. When they walked into the building it reeked of coffee, donuts, and smoke. They led both of them into a room and shut the door, locking it on their way out.

"I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now, but just hear me out." Michael said. Erin's face was down, looking at her feet. Michael was staring at her, hoping to make eye contact. "I know I shouldn't of brought you there. I was putting both of us in danger...I was putting you in danger. If you don't want to see me again I understand-"

"Would you stop it!" Erin yelled interrupting him. "You hate yourself! You always want to see the worst in the situation. You always want to see the worst in yourself. But your perfect Michael. I know you didn't mean to get us in trouble. Frankly, I had a lot of fun tonight. Lying in your arms, looking into your eyes. It all makes me love you more and more. You said it yourself. You love me too. I don't care if we have only known each other for a couple weeks. I know I love you. I didn't know it when I thought you were just the boy with the cool colored hair. But now I know it. I never belonged. I never had friends. But now I know your my friend, and I belong with you. You can hate yourself as much as you want but I don't. I love you. Every part of you I love. No matter what happens, you cant change my mind. So i'm not going anywhere."

Michael couldn't find the words to say. So he just looked at her and smiled for a while.

"If I wasn't in hand cuffed to this bed right now, I would kiss you." He said making her laugh. The rest of the time they mostly spent in silence or laughter. Eventually the cops game back and told Erin to call her mom. She was scared as hell to call, but there wasn't any other way out.

She called her mom and explained that her lab partner was actually a guy and they went to this abandoned gas station to do the project because his house was being cleaned(yet another lie she had to tell). She was surprised that her mom wasn't as mad as she thought she would be. Michael on the other hand, had no mom to call, and refused to call his dad for some reason. When the cops had enough, they looked up his dad himself and called him to explain. Apparently his dad was pretty pissed off, but said he would pick him up.

Erin's mom came first. After giving her a huge lecture, she signed all of the papers. Obviously, her mom would never let her say goodbye to Michael, so she just looked at him a gave him a small smile. But of course, Erin's moms car was broken so they had to call a taxi, and wait awkward in the police station.

When Michael's dad walked in, Erin saw NO resemblance. He had no similar features at all to his son. Michael immediately looked pissed off. His dad didn't even look at him.

"Where are the stupid ass papers. I just want to get out of here." His dad cried, taking the papers the cops handed to him. Then he grabbed a pen out of a cup sitting on the desk, and started to scribble a sloppy signature. Michael just stared at his feet the whole time.

"Come on you little bastard." His dad said when he finished signing the papers.

"You can't talk to me that way!" Michael yelled standing up aggressively and throwing a punch right into his chin.

"Michael!" Erin yelled. But it was too late to do anything. He already started punching his face and chest. It seemed he was expressing anger from a long time ago, all right now. He was taking it out on his face. It wasn't long before cops started to brake them up. Surprisingly, his dad didn't fight back.

"I think we will need to take you two home ourselves." Said one of the cops. He lead them out the door, Michael not even taking one little glance at Erin.