03 Coming Home*

My father did not break his intense glare. He didn't say a word as he slowly let me up. He stared at me. I held his gaze for as long as I could before looking down. Dang it! the little wolf chuckles still sore about me throwing him like a rag doll. Father turns his gaze to him and he looks away instantly.

"That's what you get for blocking me out. I could have helped and none of this would have happened"

"Shut up, we're caught, its over"

I can feel my wolf roll her eyes at me. Then I am broken from my thoughts as a deep stern voice breaks into my mind.

"Home! NOW!" He says with a growl.

"Yes Father." I reply. I look at the ground and wait for him to lead the way not turning my back to him. The last thing I need to do now is to show disrespect.

I feel my father's angry glare a few seconds longer then he brushes past me back towards the house.

"You alright, Beta Carson?" I ask as we follow my father.

"I'm fine princess." He says trying to hide a limp. Maybe I was too rough on him. I can see blood from where I grabbed his neck staining his tan fur. He must have hit his shoulder when I charged him too making it hard to walk.

"I'm sorry beta.... I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's all good you didn't dig too deep. Barley broke the skin really. I'd hate to be against you in a real fight though... But you know I'm much to strong for that little tiff to hurt me." He grins then limps. The shoulder must still hurt.

I chuckle earning me another glare from my father and reinstating the heavy atmosphere that accompanies our long walk home.

As we approach the house father sniffs out my clothes, turns to me, and orders me to shift and dress.

He turns his back to me eyeing the other wolves who quickly turn away and change themselves.

When I finish changing I place my hand on my father's shoulder. He quickly throws my hand off, walks away, and shifts himself.

I stay in my spot until father and the rest return.

One by one the guys come out each one in sweat pants or PJ bottoms telling me this little run of mine drug them out of a peaceful sleep.

"Sorry guys." I say none of them meeting my eye. The males of the pack won't even look at me for fear of my father which irritates me to no end.

A scrawny teen comes out next with a hoodie on hood up.

"I'm sorry pup... Are you ok?"

He rolls his eyes and looks away. I can tell he's hurting. This was probably his first mission and I threw him like a toy.... Man I suck!

Father comes back in jeans and a flannel never to be seen in his night cloths by the pack. To my surprise he grabs hold of me and wraps me in a tight hug.

"I was so worried about you." he says.

Stunned I don't know what to say. We start to walk into the house.

"I'm fine, daddy. I just went for a run it was..." He cuts me off as he sees Dalton at his post.

"YOU!" he growls pointing at Dalton "you are supposed to be guarding her!" He snaps bounding up the stairs taking them 3 at a time without effort in his massive stride.

"Daddy no! It's not Daltons fault!" I call racing after him. At the top of the stairs my father has Dalton by the throat 2ft off the ground. I step between them grabbing my father's arm.

"Let him go! I made him let me run"

"You can't MAKE a grown wolf do anything!" Father shifts his glance between Dalton and me "Get her out of here!" He uses an Alpha command on a large guard standing near us. The guard grabs my arm trying to drag me to my room.

"LET GO OF ME!" I command as forcefully as I can. Every wolf in the house stopped. The guard let go and I moved back to my father.

"Put him DOWN!" I yell at my father he looks down at me carefully then back to the guard.

"Please daddy." I say in barley a whisper.

Father drops Dalton on the spot. He lies in a heap on the floor gasping for breath.

"Go to bed NOW!" He orders as I stare at my feet. "I want you in my office 5am. Tardiness will not be accepted."

"Yes father." I mumble still avoiding his eyes.

Father keeps his gaze on me a few moments longer insuring my submission to him before turning on his heal and walking toward the stairs.

"Dismissed!" He shouts echoing through the halls and the pack scatters.

As father approaches the top of the stairs I drop down to check on Dalton

"Are you ok?" I ask lifting his head to look him in the eye.

"Lilly. Bed. NOW!" Father orders from the bottom of the stairs.

"And you!" He says turning his attention to Dalton who was just making it to his feet with my help.

"Return to your post" father's voice was a little softer than before but with no less power.

"Yes, sir."
"Yes, Father."

We say simultaneously.

"I'm sorry, Alt" I whisper as he stands on his own.

"Go to bed Lil." Dalton says in my ear as he passes me returning to his position.

I lean against the wall for a moment to gather myself. After a moment I hear a low warning growl and see my father looking up at me.

"I'm going." I whisper and head straight to my room slamming the door.

Poor Alt, it's not his fault...

Lol that rhymes!

Anyway, hope you liked.

Let me know what you think.

RU