16 Shadow Lilly*

Lilly's POV

After Aaron left I couldn't wait to see him again but Father kept me busy. Apparently as Alpha, Father visits each sector once a month. He said with my training he hasn't had a chance to travel around the territory so we've been making up for lost time.

Thursday we visited the northern sector. Brice is really nice. He leads a group of about 60 wolves. They patrol the border and keep us informed.

I spent most of the day with his 7 year old son. The boy kept shifting into his wolf and back again over and over. He was so cute showing off his silky coat. Just a little puppy. He was attached to me the entire time.

We stayed over night with them then headed east. We spent a few days with each sector commander and I got to know more of the pack. It amazes me how father knows each wolf by name. He knows their families. He even knows the pups, it's crazy!

Friday morning we arrived in the western sector.

"How do you do that?" I ask father as he greets a young mother wrestling her 3 pups all under the age of 5. As she's walking away father smiles at me.

"I'm just that good!" he smirks. Come on their has to be some trick! I give him a look and he laughs at me. "Or Haytham here," he says elbowing the sector commander, "links me the info so I can speak to each pack member. Letting them know how much I care."

"That's kinda cheating." I say. Father shrugs.

"But I do care... I just can't remember all nearly 600 wolves I look after. I do remember most of them but nobody's perfect." He says.

"Yeah, Yeah, your dad's the best Alpha ever." Haytham says in a somewhat mocking tone wrapping his arm around my father.

"Get off me you twit!" Father says pushing him.

I am trying so hard not to laugh. Haytham is the same age as my father. They grew up together so when they get together now they look like two teens messing around.

"Come on boss man, Becky's got lunch ready back at our place." Haytham says.

We go with him and then meet with some of the nearly 100 wolves under his command.

Most of the wolves in this sector are pups. Lots of families plus many orphaned pups. Momma had a soft spot for abandoned ones. She set up a team that looks for abandoned rogue pups and takes them in.

Many rogues leave their pups because they can't care for them or die leaving them alone. It's heart breaking so Momma wanted to help. We put them here because the western boarder meets up with the Midnight Moon boarder offering more protection for the pups.

With that being said, I'm sure it's no surprise I spent my time playing with the pups. I love pups. Father always comments on how good I am with them. I can't help it they just love me and how can I refuse their little faces.

"Lilly?" A little girl comes up to me pulling on my pant leg.

"Yes?" I answer crouching down to meet her eye to eye. She shuffles nervously looking back at her friends.

"We wanna play hide and seek... will you play with us?" She looks at the ground shyly. I close my eyes.

"1...2...3...4" I hear little feet scatter as I count. "5...6...7" I spend all of Friday with the pups.

"Wake up sleepy head." Haytham calls up to me. I jump out of bed and join my father, Haytham, his mate Becky, and their teenage daughter Bella for breakfast.

"I figure we'll head out today." Father is saying as I approach the table. "You guys are the last stop on our little tour."

"And it's about time old friend!" Haytham says. "Haven't seen you in months! Thought you'd forgotten about us."

"I told you, I had to take time to train Lilly. We should be back on schedule now." Father says. Haytham rolls his eyes.

"Excuses, excuses." Haytham says.

We eat and joke having a pleasant morning.

"Well Haytham." Father says as he gets up. "We'll see you next month."

"You better!" He replies.

We walk out the door and into the woods. I am about to shift when father stops me.

"So." He says grabbing my arm to get my attention. "We are about an hour and a half run from the pack house that way." He gestures over his shoulder. "Or about two hours from the Midnight Moon Pack house that way."

My eyes light up at his suggestion. It's been over a week that we've been traveling around the pack. I mean I was plenty distracted but I still miss Aaron.

I hug my father and look toward the Midnight Moon Pack.

"Be back before sun down... we keep having random rogue attacks. Still don't know what they want or when they will attack so I want you home safe." Father says and I nod furiously.

"I'll see you later Father!" I yell and turn away from him heading into the woods to shift.

"Be careful little wolf." Father calls to me as I disappear.

I quickly undress and shift.

"I really don't want a repeat of last time." I think and scoop up my clothes into my mouth.

"Good call now RUN!!!" my wolf screams in my head. "Mate is waiting!"

Alpha Aaron's POV

"What!" I yell when I hear the knock on my door.

"Temper, temper Alpha!" Clay says as he enters my office.

"What do you want Beta?" I ask.

"Still haven't talked to her I see." He responds. I growl at him.

Clay's right it's been ten days! Ten days since I talked to her. I called the pack house many times but the woman who answers always says the same thing.

"Alpha and Lilly are not here at the moment. May I take a message?"

No information and I'm going nuts. I mean I can't blame them I wouldn't want my pack to go around broadcasting my whereabouts. I still can't get over it. Where is she?!

"No." I say to him.

"You know paperwork is a good distraction." Clay says gesturing to the mess of papers coating my desk. Well at least I think there is still a desk under all of this.

"I'll get it done Clayton." I say still grumpy.

"Sure you will." He says sarcastically. "It's not a big deal. You know I got you... even if you are being 'Alpha Moody' right now."

"GET OUT!" I yell at him. He laughs as he nearly skips out of my office.

I need to see her soon. I pick up the phone and dial.

"Hello." I say. As soon as she hears my voice I get the same response.

"I'm sorry Alpha Aaron, Alpha and Lilly are not here at the moment. May I take a message?"

CLICK.

I hang up the phone.

Where are you?