04 The Meeting*

4:30 alarm. What did I do to deserve such an early wake up call!

"Well, let's see you snuck out, woke half the pack, injured beta Carson, and a pup, got Dalton in..."

"Ok, I get it I suck! moving on now... Anyway you wanted to run too so get off your high horse!"

"............"

"That's what I thought! Now leave me alone. I need to get ready"

I quickly shower and dress and am down stairs outside father's office at 4:55.

5 minutes to spare. What am I going to say? How mad is father? This could be bad.

4 minutes. Time moves so slowly when you await execution.

3 minutes. I am so screwed.

2 minutes. I just want to get this over with.

1 minute. Come on!

5:00am "Enter."

I shake at the command and slowly open the office door.

"Good morning, Father."

"Have a seat." He says motioning to the chair opposite him with his bearded chin. Not once looking up from his paperwork.

I sit awkwardly across from him and wait for the hammer to drop.
Father finishes the report he is working on slowly closes the folder and slides it aside. His sights now turned to me and I shrank in my chair. No matter how old I get when he looks at me like that I am a 5 year old pup who got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

"How was your run?" He asks sternly and I avoid his gaze.

"Father I know I shouldn't have snuck out I just..."

"You just wanted some freedom? To be your own person? To take care of yourself? To be powerful. A leader?" He finished for me.

"Ummmm...Yes?" I respond not sure where this is going but utterly confused.

Father begins nodding his head knowingly.

"When did you realize you could issue an Alpha command?"

This is not what I'd expected. Father completely dropped my midnight excursion. He's focused on an Alpha command? What?

"Umm... I don't know what you mean I can't..." I stammered

"Cut the crap." He interrupts my stammering. "Last night you overrode my command on that guard and stopped every wolf in their tracks... So I'll ask again. How long have you been able to issue an Alpha command?"

"Ummm... Daddy I..."

"Stop now." He ordered.

"What's wrong?"

"Look me in the eyes." I hadn't realized I was focused on the pen on father's desk and had yet to meet his eyes. I looked him in the face.

It was stern as always but their was a joy in his eyes that intrigued me. What is going on here?

"Now answer my question."

"Umm... Well you see..."

"Stop!" I instinctively reestablish my eye contact with the pen. "Look at me." I obediently reconnect eyes with my father this time with determination. I will not look away. A half smile breaks across his face.

"Do not say "Ummm" one more time. Speak sternly, succinctly, say what is needed and not a word more. Speak with confidence." He orders and I nod "When did you learn that you could issue an Alpha command?" He asked once more.

I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and look my father in the eye.

"Yes, Father." I say. He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms. He has a twinkle in his eye and nods as if to say 'go on.'

"I have been able to sway wolves with my commands since about the time I turned twenty but I'd never tried to truly command anyone until last night."

I stop at that. Trying to keep my answer short with as much detail as possible. Then the most amazing thing happens. My father, the big bad Alpha begins to laugh. A deep laugh they shakes the room as hard as his growl.

My jaw drops.

"Lilly, you little..." He trails off still laughing and shaking his head. "I had begun to lose hope. Ahhh!" He sighs and smiles. This is the happiest I've seen him in years. He's been so strict with me for so long. Treating me like a weak child. It is refreshing to see him like this.

"Why didn't you tell me 3 years ago?" He asks.

"Well.. Ummm..." I begin.

"Grrrrrrrr!" A low growl comes from his chest. Not angry but a warning. I sit up straight and look him in the eye.

"Well, Father, I saw no need to inform you as you are Alpha I would not command your pack, sir." I say holding my breath hoping the answer suited him.

"You know." Father starts leaning back again in his chair. "A male Alpha heir apparent at age 20 tends to issue commands like they own the place. The father has to lay down the law forcing submission to beat down his son's inflated ego but you..." He smiles shaking his head again then circling the desk sitting knee to knee with me. "You my darling show respect. You don't force dominance. You care. I mean don't get me wrong you are a strong fighter and quick as lightning but you...." He shakes his head and goes silent.

"Father." I say breaking him out of his own mind. He looks at me waiting for what I'm going to say.

"I don't understand," I gulp. He says nothing so I continue.

"I came here today expecting punishment... I disobeyed orders and endangered myself and the pack... All this time you are talking about typical Alpha males? What gives? What is this about?"

Father strokes his beard eyeing me. I wait expectantly refusing to break eye contact.

"Ha! My girl." Father laughs being first to break eye contact I exhale a breath I was not aware I was holding. "You do not act in a way a typical budding Alpha does... Due to this I wasn't sure if you had my Alpha in you. You scared me, little wolf." I start at his little pet name. I haven't heard it in so long. It fills me with such joy. Father continues.

"If you didn't get my Alpha an upstart male could kill you of forcibly mate you taking your position as future Alpha." My jaw drops.

"So all this time the strict rules, guards, stifling me it was all..." Father cut in.

"It would all do one of two things; protect you from those who want your position, or Draw out your hidden Alpha, because no Alpha can handle being boxed in." He says with a smile.

I lean back in my chair thinking over what my father just told me when he brakes the silence.

"Haha... It's funny... You wouldn't show your Alpha to get what you want. Not to break the chains of restrictions I put on you. But you would to save a pack member." He pauses a moment and then saiys "I should have grabbed Dalton by the throat years ago!" with a laugh. As he walked back to his desk, with his back to, me I stare him down and with as much force as I can put behind my words growl,

"NO!"

I could see a small twitch in my father and knew he felt the power in my words. It didn't stop him though (beings he is an Alpha) he turned around facing me now grinning ear to ear.

"Calm down sweetie it's just a joke." He sits back in his seat and pulls out his paperwork. "Anyway" he says looking up from the papers. "We can begin your true Alpha training now." Then he returns his sights to his papers.

I sat there stunned for a moment then he looked up from his papers.

"We're done for now." He says and lookes back down at his papers.

"Dismissed!"

So father isn't mad.

What is "true Alpha training"?

Drop a comment!

Ya know ya want to!!!😁

RU