20 Rogue*

"You two look much better!" Father says as we enter his office.

"Let's get down to business then." Aaron says as he takes a seat across from my father. I take the other seat across from him. "Why did they attack?" Aaron asks and father looks to me.

"They want Lilly." Father says.

"Like Hell!" Aaron yells. I see father clench his jaw... he is not a fan of strong language... at least it wasn't an outright curse or he probably would have said something.

"Its true." I say and Aaron turns to me "they were trying to take me to their leader... they called him Alpha." Aaron laughs.

"Rogues don't have an Alpha! It's not possible!" He says.

"That's what I always thought too but they were organized. It is worth looking in to." Father says. "Can you look into your records Aaron... see what you can find?"

"Of course Mason but... I don't think she should come see me again... it's too dangerous." Aaron says.

"SHE! Is right here and SHE can make her own decisions!" I yell.

"Lilly he is right." Father says. "They want you. The best way to avoid that is to keep you here."

"A prisoner again? That is your plan?" I ask standing up. "You saw how well that worked last time... so unless you want half your warriors guarding me and one sleeping in my room I suggest you two come up with another plan."

"That is not happening." Aaron says obviously not liking the idea of someone in my room.

"We don't have the manpower to protect a unwilling person." Father says "we need to find something you'll agree to or this will never work." I sit back down.

"I'm listening." I say

"How about 2 guards." Aaron suggests. "One from your pack one from mine. That way you'll have direct contact with me should anything happen."

"I can accept that." Father says.

"Are these guards going to control where I go or what I do?" I ask.

"No" father says.

"I'd like to see them try." Aaron laughs.

"But if you want to leave the pack boundaries you need to tell me." Father says.

"And if you come to my territory let me know ahead of time and I'll meet you half way to escort you." Aaron adds.

"I guess that will work." I say "I don't want someone boring. Make sure you're guy has a personality Aaron!"

"Will do... my pick is on their way... should be here soon." Aaron says.

We continue to talk a while. I tell Aaron the whole story about the wreck. Father suggests new patrol patterns having the packs work together. As we wrap things up the sun has already set.

"Aaron why don't you stay the night... I'd hate to have to go on a rescue mission for you next." Father suggests as we stand at the front door.

"I can handle myself Mason." Aaron starts then pauses looking around. He sighs. "But I guess it better safe than sorry. I'd love to stay."

"Dinner is out in the kitchen... you guys go. Eat. I have some more work to do." Father says and then walks back to his office.

We stand in the entryway without speaking. The silence was broken by a familiar voice.

"Lilly!" Brayden yells as he runs in for a hug. "They said they were coming here so I had to come. Is your dad around? I hope not. I was so excited to see you! The offer still stands if you ever want to drop Ari you know. He snores really loud! You should..."