𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭

Requested by @gracebean02

Title: Cake

The day started out good. I woke up early- not tired for once- and had time to look a little bit better than I normally did. Heading into school, I thought at least one of my friends would remember, but they all had things of their own going on.

"He asked me out!"

"I finally told her off!"

"My parents are divorcing."

I didn't want to intrude with what they had going on, so I stayed quiet, going through my day as if it weren't one of the biggest days of my life.

++++++++++

Getting home was okay. My parents were working and my brother was staying after school for basketball practice, so I was alone.

Then, I got a text from Leo, (Y/n)! Come to the lair! We have to tell you something amazing!

My heart suddenly lifted a little and I hurriedly jogged through the streets. Had they remembered? Were they going to prove my hateful thoughts wrong? 

No.

"(Y/n)! There you are! Come here, hurry!" Donnie waved me over to the couch, where Raph was hiding something behind his back.

"Close your eyes and hold your arms out." I did so with hopeful thoughts. What could it be? Something from all of them?

A heavy, cold object was placed in my hands and I frowned. It didn't seem like something I wanted.

"Open!" Mikey practically screamed, and I did. I wanted to close my eyes again.

I was holding Shredder's helmet.

"What's this?" I asked, wondering if they wanted me to become a kunoichi. I was again, wrong.

"We beat Shredder! We threw him into a portal and grabbed his helmet!" Mikey cheered and led his brothers in a victory shout.

I sighed and put the helmet on the couch, making my way to the kitchen, where I sat with ice-cream kitty.

I was there for twenty minutes before someone walked in.

"Hey, (y/n). You okay?" Leo asked me, grabbing a drink of water. Not wanting to intrude, I just gave him a small smile.

"Yeah. I'm just tired. I'm really tired, but I'm okay." I gave a tired sigh and closed my eyes.

"You're clearly not fine, (y/n). What's wrong?" Leo sat down beside me and I looked at him. He had worry in his eyes, nothing else. Not even a hint of knowing about why I was sad.

"I'm just tired, really. I-I think I'm just gonna head home." I give a half-hearted wave and leave the kitchen, Leo trailing behind me.

"Guys, (y/n) is sad!" Leo shouted and almost instantly I was being followed by all four brothers.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Who hurt you?"

"What happened?"

"I'll get them!" I stopped and slowly turned, my eyes trained on the ground. I blinked away tears and sniffed softly as the boys stared at me.

"Today...today is a special day for me and none of you remembered. No one did."

"What's today?" Raph wondered, softly. I scoffed sadly.

"My birthday." I shrugged and turned around again.

"Oh, really? Happy birth-" they stopped as they realized.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Why?" Mikey wailed.

"We're the worst friends ever!"

"She's crying!" Raph gasped and I laughed a little. I was picked up by Leo and hauled over to the couch as Mikey ran off to the kitchen, tears welling up in his eyes.

I was kept on the couch by the eldest brothers while they made me pick movies to watch. After our second movie, Mikey came back into the living room and Donnie paused the movie.

"Three, two, one. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear (y/n). Happy birthday to you." the boys sang softly as I blew out the candles on the shell-shaped cake Mikey had brought to me.

"Thanks guys." I smiled as I snuggled back into Leo and Donnie.

"We're sorry." they all said together and I smiled.

"What'd you wish for?" Mikey asked and I smiled and looked around at all of their faces.

"This."

++++++++++

Happy birthday @gracebean02! I hope this made your day a little bit better, and I hope you've had a great b-day!!