Happily - chapter 29

Liam's POV
I definitely was not going to tell him. I didn't need to because hopefully he would never have to know. But seeing Niall so distressed is torturous because he's always so carefree. It kind of slipped out but not really. He thought I meant temporarily too ! That made it harder to make him face the truth. At least he's got us and to help him through it. But then no one has been showing Maddy any care lately, and she needs it to.

"I'll be back soon" I tell Niall softly and I stand up to leave the room, he nods and try's to settle down into his bed.

I walk out into the hall to find a sleeping beth, a stressed looking harry and a Maddy with her hands covering her face. Hmm. Ashton and Sarah are probably getting coffee, it's 3am, luckily we have a public holiday tomorrow.
"How's he doing ?" Harry asks me, concerned.
"Okay I think. I told him" I say and look at my feet as harry rises to his,
"What ? He's going to be so overwhelmed now Liam !" He raises his voice.
"Shhh we're in a hospital" I try to quiet him down.
"No ! We were told to keep him as drama free as possible" he spits into my face.
"We all trusted you, liam" gees.
"Well I'm very sorry, okay. He asked me when we was going to get out and I said I couldn't say. He kept asking me questions and said his legs felt numb and sore" I continue.
"I had to question him a bit so he asked me why and I said it wasn't important, but he got so worked up and demanded to know, okay" I blurt out to harry.
"Oh Niall. He's so damn nosey sometimes" harry mumbles.
"Don't take this out on him, okay, if you were in his situation I'm sure you'd want to know" I tell him.
"I guess" Harry replies sitting back down. I flop into an empty chair beside beth.
"Was he asleep when you left ?" Harry asks me.
"No. But I'm sure he's tired" I say, but I hear Niall tossing and turning from his room.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Then harry gets up and walks into the hospital room. I take this time to check in Maddy. There's another empty seat beside her so I go and sit in it.

"Maddy ?" I ask softly. No reply, maybe she's asleep. But I hear sobbing.
"Maddy are you alright ?" I ask again, I would rub her back or something but harry is already moody.
"Maddy ?" I ask yet again. Still no answer.
"Well I'm here, if you need to talk to anyone okay" I say and sit back into the fair and just wait, I guess.
-
-
-
"Liam ?" I hear faintly.
"Liam !" I get woken suddenly by someone. Sarah.
"I'm up" I say.
"I've been calling you for like 5 minutes" she says hugging me and I kiss her cheek
"Sorry, I was sleeping" I say to her she rolls her eyes.
"Well obviously" stating the obvious Sarah plops herself down in Maddy's chair, but where's Maddy ?
"Where did Maddy end up ?" I ask her.
"Uhm I'm not sure, maybe to get coffee" Sarah replies.
"Why do you want to know" she asks me, what ?
"Sorry what ?" I ask again incase I'm just tired.
"I said why do you want to know so badly where she is ? What happened ?" She asks me again.
"Well I tried to talk to her last night cause she wasn't getting much attention, and she's in a rough time too. She didn't answer me but I know she was awake" I start "and i told her to talk whenever she wants and I'm here, but I must have fallen asleep" I say to her.
"Oh, God we've all just forgotten about her right now. I feel terrible" Sarah puts her head in her hands and crouches over in her seat.
"I hope she's okay" I say.
"Yeah, I'm going to call her, I'll be back" Sarah excuses herself.

I know I she would never, but I hope Maddy doesn't feel so left out right now that she does something drastic. If your catching on with me. She doesn't have any family anymore and she might feel as if she wants to be with them. In heaven.

"Hey mate you look terrible" Ashton is still here which is a surprise.
"Do I ?" I ask him.
"Yeah, you feeling okay ?" He asks me.
"Yeah. I'm just tired" I reply slouching in my chair.
"I need to ask you something" Ashton says to me, oh god this could be anything.
"Sure" I say, he sits forward in his seat.
"So before I left home to come here, there was this girl" he starts.
"Ahhh girl advice huh ?" I question him smiling.
"Uh yeah.." He adds. "Anyway. So I liked her for years and in year 12 I finally worked yo the courage to ask her out. But when I approached her she was speaking to this guy and then as he was leaving he smirked at me then, he kissed her" he finishes.
"That's tough" I say to him.
"I really liked her, and I still think about her every day. I need someone to tell me, how could I find her and see if she feels the same" he adds on, with a depressing sigh.
"Well that's a tough one because first of all we have to find her, but do you know if she's still with that other guy ?" I ask him. He shrugs.
"I don't know. I don't think she is, they had a massive fight and I know that cause she was my good friend she texted me about it" he says. That could be friend zone who knows ?
"Okay, well I advice you to go back home and see her, tell her how you feel" I say to him.
"Yeah but I feel like she'll just turn around and laugh in my face like she did when we were 15" he tells me concerned.
"What happened when you were 15 ?" I ask him.
"Well I asked her once 'what would you say if I asked you out ?' And she laughed it off" I feel sorry for him kind of now.
"Well the most you can do is tell her how you feel, not over the phone. To show her you actually genuinely like her, go to her" I say.
"The least she can do is let you down easy" I say.
"Okay, yeah I will, over Christmas break I'll go home. I've still got her number. Thanks" he pats my back and leans back I can relax now.

We've sat in silence and harry is now with us, Sarah still hasn't returned nor Maddy. Beth is in the room with Niall"

"Oh yeah Maddy said she was going for a walk earlier" Ashton said looking up from his phone breaking the silence.

Hmmmmm. A walk could mean anything.
Hopefully we'll find her asleep in her dorm.
___________________________________________________________
Sooooooooooo ! Guys I'm introducing a new character soon !! Guess who it is in the comments p, not the person but who they'll be connected to.
Sorry but I write kind of short chapters but I can't write long ones I just have short attention span
Thank you so so so so so much for all the reads it means A LOT !!
My other book is doing okay but 100 reads at least before Christmas ? Please guys ??
Also a Liam POV hasn't been happening for ages so hope you liked it :)
Thanks for commenting and voting and reading and sharing !! KEEP IT UP BABES !!
Remember updates every Sunday Australian time :)
Also watt pad has been recommending my own books for me to read which is super awesome !
Thanks x