17: Countdown Pt.1

(Good Evening! Thank you so much for waiting for this chapter. I apologise for the delay. I have about 4 different drafts of this chapter and mulled back and forth for days about which to go ahead with. In turn, I decided on a two parter! This chapter has alot going on, so I hope you enjoy! Let me know your thoughts!)

(Kelly P.O.V)

(Flashback)

I couldn't sleep. Though I was getting used to staying at Blanc and Oliver's place, I still found that sometimes I was restless at night.

Luka was working tonight, so I figured I wouldn't see him. I put on my scarf and coat and sauntered out into the winter air, knowing that if I just took a quiet stroll outside by the house, the close proximity would keep me out of any danger. Some cold night air would probably do me good.

I looked up into the dark sky, seeing my breath dace on the wind in puffs of white. The stars were twinkling, and the world around me was silent and sleeping.

"What a gorgeous night..." I mused, tangling my scarf around my neck further, then headed to my right to make a loop around the house.

Once I got about halfway through my walk, I was rounding past the backyard, when I suddenly heard a sweet, beautiful sound.

The notes continued to play, a soft melody that sung into the silent night.

A violin.

The song was refreshingly calm, each note speaking to the winter air, breathing life into the beauty of the evening.

I was so moved by the music, I couldn't help but wonder who was the musician behind the melody. I followed each sound, walking further from the cottage and into the forest. Whomever it was, their lullaby sang beauty my heart had never experienced before.

The music lead me to a small clearing up ahead, where the glittering ice of the river sparkled amongst the crystals in the trees. The purple aura that glistened from the magic in the trees enveloped the music, and in turn, lit up the musician in a gorgeous light.

No.way.

I set eyes on Luka, quietly stepping in a soft dance with the violin as he played. Each twang of the strings had him waltzing with the sounds, a dance of passion and grace.

My heart fluttered. I was in pure amazement as I watched, his talent overwhelming to see. He did a step forward then back, then a few to his left, then back to his right. He held a long beautiful note, before doing a swift turn. Luka ended his song abruptly as his dance finished. It left me without words.

So, in appreciation, I began clapping.

I watched him stiffen. He lowered his violin and did a 360, swiftly spiraling around to meet the eyes of his sudden audience. As he focused on me, his face flushed.

"K-Kelly!?" He blinked.

I continued clapping happily.

"You are so talented! Luka it was beautiful!"

I watched his body stiffen uncomfortably even more. Luka averted his gaze from me in embarrassment, lowering his arms to his side's.

"O-oh.." His words grew silent. I slowed my claps.

"You don't need to be embarrassed! You should be proud, Luka you have a gift!"

I stepped out from behind the tree I had been watching from and approached him, watching as he seemed to flush even more. He bit his lip and ensured he kept his gaze averted. Clearly he was much more embarrassed than I realised.