Back to Reality

((SARAIS POV))

As I sit there in Qs arms and look up at him and smile. I never thought this would happen to me, after everything I've been through. I remembered my birthday is in 2 days and cringe. Q notices.

"What's wrong baby?", he asks.

"N-nothing," replies.

"You sure?" He says.

I just nod and look at the tv again and I look at my arms and my eyes start watering and Q looks at my arms too. He holds me tight and I just sit there crying. He turns off the tv so he can focus on me. Q turns to face me and grabs my arms and looks into my eyes.

"You are so beautiful Sarai, if it weren't for you I don't know what I would've done without you" Q says. I look at him and smiles and he reaches out and wipes my tears away and leaves his hand on my cheek.

"I love you" I say to him as we gaze into each other's eyes. He just smiles and leans in and plants a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes and enjoy his lips on mine. We soon pull away and I sit cuddled up with him and yawns and he smiles at me.

((Flashback to 13th birthday))

It was a cloudy day and we were in the hospital and my mom sang happy birthday to me along with a couple of other nurses that took care of me and I smiled because I had to. I had a strawberry cupcake and some McDonald's since that was my favorite. The nurses even gave me a lot of candy and snacks since I know them because I've been in there for 2 weeks now.

"When am I getting out?" I asked the nurses.

"I think the doctor said by next week you should be out" she replied. I smiled and looked at my mom. I can't wait to get out of here, it's so stuffy. She just smiled at me and braided my hair.

((Present day//Qs POV))

I smile down at Sarai and she looks so adorable. Her eyes start watering and I look at her and ask her what's wrong. I hold on to her as she cries in my arms. I comfort her and kisses her head and she soon calms down and falls asleep as we watch my show and I pick her up and take her to my room and puts her under the covers and smiles and gets in the bed too and wraps my arm around her and slowly falls asleep.

((Next morning// Sarai's POV))

I open my eyes and see the window open and I feel the warm sun on my face and smiled as I see Q cuddled with Brooklyn cat. I wrap my arm around Q and he slowly wakes up and I pretend I'm asleep and he plants a kiss on my nose and my cheeks turn rosy red and I open my eyes and smiles at him.

"Good morning baby" Q smiles at me. I snuggle up next to him as he turns around and hugs me and kisses my head and I turn a rosy red. We wait a couple of minutes and he gets up and stretches.

"You ready to get back to work?" Q asks and I smile and nods.

"Never been more ready" I smile at him and gets up too and starts getting dressed. Puts on some makeup and black leggings that show off my ass and a long sleeve crop top with red vans and puts on a light sweater and smiles as I see Q admire me.

"Hey you should probably get ready silly" smiles at him. He stands up and hugs me from behind and kisses my neck and I bite my lip softly. He smirks and gets off and gets dressed into his team murr shirt and I smile at him.

"What? They didn't have any team Q shirts in my size." He smiles at me and I blush. He puts on his blue jeans and we go downstairs to eat some breakfast and then he grabs his keys and I grab my purse and waits for Q by the door as he says bye to his cats. I smile and we walk out and gets in his Jeep and we drive to work.

((Qs POV))

I feel like she's hiding something but I don't know what it is. Should I ask her? No. That would come off as nosy. I could ask her another time but I'm not sure.

I thought to myself as I laid there with Brooklyn cat. I heard Sarai move but didn't want to wake her so I didn't move. I see her close her eyes quickly and I chuckle to myself and kiss her nose. She smiles. We soon get up and I admire her body as she changes and bites my bottom lip. She smirks at me and tells me to get dressed so I put on a team murr shirt.

"What? They didn't have team Q shirts in my size." I smile and quickly put on pants and we brush our teeth together and sing and then grabs my keys and puts out food for my cats and starts walking out with Sarai. We get in the car and drive on our way to the offices. We sing some songs and I hold her hand while driving and her hair is crazy with the wind blowing through it. I admire her and swerve a little.

She laughs and looks back at me and she holds her gaze as I look at the road.

"Don't make me pull over." I say to her as I smirk. I see her smile and hold my hand and look out the window. We soon get to the offices and I park in my parking spot and head inside.

((Sarais POV))

We drive and I hold Qs hand as we sing together and we soon get to the ij office, I really hope they don't mention my birthday, maybe I can talk to Pete and ask him not to mention it. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they would but I just don't feel like celebrating this year.

We get off and I grab my sweater and purse and walk into the office with Qs hand linked with mine and he kisses my cheek as we walk into an elevator. The elevator stops and the floor of their office and we walk out and there are balloons and signs that say "Welcome back Sarai!" I get surprised as the crew comes out and they each give me a hug and I cry happy tears and looks at Q as he smiles and I kiss his lips and we all head into the conference room and sit down.

"Alright so first on the agenda let's welcome back Sarai!" Pete starts to say as the crew claps and cheers. Q sits next to me and Sal sits on the other side of me and he whispers to me. "It's great to have you back," I reply , "it's great to be back." I smile and lean on Qs shoulder. They start talking about new challengers and ask me what I want to do. I tell them we can do a special episode in California since it's where I'm from plus we can do it the same time the block party is going to happen. Pete and the guys discuss and they decide it's a good idea and we all agree on going to universal again.

Honestly I've never gone to universal and I thought this would be a great first time going with the love of my life and the other guys of course! We go through the rest of the agenda and Pete then announces something before everyone leaves.

"So I'm not sure if anyone knows but tomorrow is a very special day..." Pete looks at me and smiles. A pit grows in my stomach and I smile nervously and Q notices and he holds my hand. Pete then continues.

"Well tomorrow is Sarai's birthday!!" He claps and then everyone starts clapping. I smile and Sal nudges me and I giggle. Q looks at me with a surprised look and I shrug and he hugs me and kisses my face and I smile. We soon wrap up and we all walk out. Joe, Murr, and Sal come up to Q and I and ask if we want to go to dinner tomorrow for my birthday. Of course I said yes and Murr and Joe asked if it was alright to bring Bessy and Melyssa along. I said yes of course and they all hugged me and me and Q went home and he helped me out of the car. We walked inside and plopped on the couch as Benjamin, Chessie and Brooklyn walked up to me and Q to be pet.

((Authors note))
Sorry I haven't really been active I've been really stressed about schoolwork and I hope you all like my book!! Anyways have a great day and don't forget to smile!! Focus on your mental health!! 💕