Could it Work?!

"So, where were you two off all alone?" Miko said with a sly and teasing tone.

"Save it!" Arcee snapped. She and Prowl ran to Ratchet's work station.

"Location!" Arcee told Ratchet, who jolted seeing them both swarm him.

"You sent a groundbridge to Detroit, Michigan. The exact city where I'm from, in the future," Prowl said.

"So, maybe that's not just a coincidence?" Arcee added.

Ratchet paused. The Autobots had all been trying to figure out what caused the groundbridge malfunction for a while.

"Well?" Arcee asked, impatiently.

"What you are suggesting is that the missing key we've been looking for is location?" Ratchet said.

"Maybe it's not. But it's a possibility. That's more than what we've had so far," Prowl said.

"Okay.... okay, let's think this through," Ratchet said, and Arcee could tell he was switching into science mode. "If two groundbridges are sent to the same coordinates at the same time, a rift will occur and transport any travelers to an alternate shadow dimension. This we know. But if two groundbridges are sent to the exact same coordinates at different times...?"

"That's the idea," Arcee said.

"But that's preposterous! We've been sending multiple groundbridges to the same coordinates for eons and nothing like this has ever happened!" Ratchet said.

Prowl frowned slightly. Something had to be different this time... his visor lit up. "But it wasn't a groundbridge," he said.

Ratchet looked exasperatedly over at the groundbridge sitting in the base that he himself constructed.

"No, I mean on my end. It was a spacebridge, one that we were testing for functionality," Prowl said.

"And Spacebridges are far more powerful than groundbridges... the crossing of which could have caused an anomaly," Ratchet said.

"Precisely," Prowl replied.

.::.....::..:...::::......::...:...:.....::::..::..:....::::..::..:.........::...:....:::::.::.::....::::.::..:::...::...:.....:::::....::...

"In our defense, Lord Megatron, the Autobots had a new member with them. We were out gunned," Knockout said and glanced around nervously.

"A new Autobot, you say?" Megatron said in a low growling voice. He turned around sharply at Knockout and grabbed him. "And just how do you propose a new Autobot appeared out of thin air?!!!" Megatron bellowed.

Knockout tensed and quivered with fear. "I'm not sure, L-Lord Megatron. Maybe a ship slipped past our sensors??"

"Nothing gets past Soundwave without him noticing it," Megatron pronounced threateningly.

Knockout smiled sheepishly. "O-of course, Lord Megatron," he said quickly.

Megatron released him and stood up straight. "Soundwave! I want you to monitor this planet closely, and come to me the instant you find anything relating to this supposed new Autobot," he said.