PANIC!

BAD CUPID

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter 118

I stared at him like he was a cartoon character that had been brought to life. Did he just say....
"My mom? S-She invited you?" I questioned and he gave a small nod.

"Please tell me you knew I was coming." He awkwardly said and I turned around to call for my mother but she was already walking towards me.

"Who is it, dear?"

I left Henry outside and walked to her.  "Um....Henry? He said you-"

"Oh!" She grinned. "Henry's here." She quickly brushed past me and went for the door.

"Good evening, Mrs. Dexwell."

"Oh sweetie, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Bonnie?" She chuckled. "Come on in, it must be freezing outside." She said and my brows flew up in surprise. Henry walked in and she gave him a tight hug. "I'm glad you could make it, how's your mother?"

"She's good," Henry said with a smile as he took off his jacket . "She couldn't make it."

"Yeah, she told me she had some things to run." Mom said as she closed the door and took the jacket from him.  "Come with me, let me introduce you to my sister." She said and held his hand. As they walked, mom handed me his jacket with a warm smile. "Sweetie, be a kind gentleman and held Henry hang his jacket." She said and walked past me with him.

My frown deepened as I stared at the jacket she had shoved into my hands and then at them. I had to be dreaming. This was a dream right?

What the fuck?

I threw his jacket on in the living room couch and angrily made my way to the living room and when I did, Jaxton looked at me with wide eyes. He slowly got up and made his way to me as mom and dad spoke to Henry like he wasn't my ex

"Um, Dylan? What's going on?" Jaxton asked in a whisper.

"That is exactly what I am trying to find out." I replied and walked over to mom. I gripped her arm gently from behind and whispered into her ear.  "Can I talk to you in the kitchen?"

"Oh sweetie, we can talk after dinner."

"Mom, now." I said and walked to the kitchen. Few seconds later she joined me and I threw my hands in the air. "What. The. Fuck, Mrs. Dexwell?"

"Dylan, don't swear."

"Who gives a shit?! You invited Henry? My ex? To dinner? Where has this been done, mom? What normal parent does that?!" I furiously asked, I was agitated.

"Well, you said it yourself," she shrugged. "What normal parent does that? We're far from normal which means I get a pass at doing the things that are not normal."

Was she trying to be funny or corny?

"Mom, this is serious. Why would you invite Henry over?"

"Because I love the kid like I love you. Even more than you, no offence."

"Gee, I am so shocked." I said in a blank tone and folded my arms.