Happy

Mom gasped when Patty came in. "Oh! You look so cute!"

Patty laughed, doing a small spin. "Think she'll like it?"

"I can't wait for her to see you! I call dibs on opening the door for her!"

"'Dibs,' mom?" Talia teased.

"I'm just saying," she defended, "I need to make sure she appreciates my handsome young man enough." She hugged Patty tightly.

They pulled apart as Dad came in. "How long will you be out?" he asked.

Patty tilted his head. "I don't know, why?"

"The snow's pretty deep. If any more comes down, it might be best for you to stay in the city for the night. I don't want you driving in it when you're tired."

"Ooh!" Talia grinned wickedly.

Patty gave her a playful shove. "Shut up!"

"Anything could happen!" she said slyly, pushing him back, "A whole night with just you and her! Gross!"

Mom shook her head, smiling. "How much money do you have on your card?"

"Uh...a few hundred?"

She gave him a pointed look. "Enough for an emergency?"

"Definitely enough for a few nights." He looked back at Talia. "I can't wait to use it to book two rooms on opposite sides of the hotel with her!"

Talia poked her tongue at him.

"You should go up and show grandma your outfit," Mom suggested, "She'll love it!"