2ⁿᵈ Fragment - Energy Orbs

❛❛
We're at our most powerful when we have the things that makes us strong
❜❜

RUPHUS

I stared at the ceiling of my chamber that is made of solid rock. It's been a while since I laid down on my bed but I still can't sleep till now. I was so exhausted earlier but at the same time, I'm so excited to get out of this burrow. I really can't wait to see the world outside again! Finally, I'll be able to see the lovely trees, blooming flowers, chirping birds and the vast meadows again. Those moments just used to appear on my dream, when I imagine myself doing joyful things outside again like before.

I looked at wadi to check how he's doing. He's sleeping soundly on his bed right beside me. He must've been too exhausted earlier from the training just like me. I sighed in disappointment. How can he sleep so deeply while I can't even close my eyes for too long?

I tried my best to sleep. I closed my eyes for so long, trying to induce sleepiness on my body, but it didn't work. I tried to blink fast numerous times to atleast make my eyes tired and fell asleep after sometime, but it also failed. I'm so done with this, I think I should just do something else instead of lying on this bed trying to sleep while I can't.

Since I can't really sleep for Pete's sake and lying on the bed just makes my back ache, I instead went to the trapdoor of this burrow again which I used to stare in the past years of being locked down here. I stared at it again just like what I always use to do before. The trapdoor is placed very high, as high as the ceiling of this basement. It's impossible to get out of here without a ladder though. Wadi must've been using air wielding to jump high and get out here when getting the things we need for livelihood.

***

After a few minutes, while I was staring at the trapdoor, I saw a woman in a thick white clothing outside the burrow. She's shining brightly just like a full moon in the night sky. She's wearing a gown made of premium silk with pearls and diamonds scattered as details. She's wearing a crown on her head, as just like a queen of the night.

That's a jaw-dropping scene! I suddenly came back to my senses after I noticed that she's heading to the trapdoor of our basement. I'm so startled right now, I haven't met anyone before besides wadi and my grandfather. I gasped. She opened the trapdoor slowly. I can here the cranking sounds of the door slowly opening.

I quickly got my bow and arrow. I don't know what kind of being she is, if she's a wielder or not, or what's her intention going to our burrow. I prepared myself for whatever may happen next. This might be the first time I'm gonna duel another being, I need to apply what I have learned for years.

She's now about to push the trapdoor down. It's cranking loudly but not enough to wake up my soundly sleeping wadi. I got this, I didn't trained for seven years for nothing.

*Trapdoor Slam Sound*