Prologue

❛❛
When the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums, there is a life about to start when tomorrow comes
❜❜

I gazed upon the window of our hideout. The sun is already starting to set. Beneath the vast sky, I saw our fellow allies finishing their preparation for tomorrow's battle. I sighed with relief. Everything that we planned seems to be doing well.

This scene is very overwhelming. We never knew we've come this far.

"Ruphus, here's the new map that you asked for, crafted by the best cartographers of the West." Ziken hurriedly give me the new map. It was a perfect map for navigation. Just exactly what we need for our attack tomorrow.

"We'll have our final meeting comrades. Gather around our table right now. We'll settle our moves for the revolution." I said with authority. Thang, Ziken, Hyacinth and Mirage quickly followed what I said. I laid the large map in front of everyone.

"This will be the sequence of our moves. Before noon strikes, everyone must be around the walls of the dark kingdom. A horn will be blown by one of our comrades. The sound of the horn means the start of the synchronized attack. All the air wielders will attack from above with their unicorns. I will be the one to lead them." I marked the areas which will be attacked by my troops with a stamp.

"Thang, you'll lead the earth wielders. Make sure that everyone in your troop will be informed about our synchronized attacks. While my troops have pierced the defenses of the dark kingdom, butt in immediately. Ziken, since only few of our alies are fire wielders, proceed entering the kingdom after Thang's troops." I pointed the areas they must attack once they entered the kingdom. The dark kingdom is very large, this will not be an easy task for us.

"Hyacinth and Mirage, listen carefully. You're task is to enter the palace of the dark lord while we eveyone is busy fighting. You'll bring the ice and water wielders with you. We'll follow with you shortly after we finish the fight outside." I said to the two girls of our unit. I believe in their strengths and willpower. They will be able to do what I told them. I gave further reminders to everyone before the meeting adjourned.

Today is a long day for everyone. We need to take some rest to regain our strengths. The outcome of the battle tomorrow will determine the fate of Yullova. The restoration of peace of order lies within our hands. I clenched my fist. We got this, that's what I thought.

***

This is it. The day we've been waiting for. The redemption of peace in our lands will finally come. I prepared myself for the upcoming ferocious battle. If I might face the dark lord, I will do it for everyone.

I galloped in the air with my unicorn. I gathered all my fellow air wielders in the mid-air. I lead the way towards the dark kingdom. It's not easy to find it wothout these maps that I got from master cartographers. I gasped suddenly. We're right above the dark kingdom. It's almost noon but it's very dark here. I cheered up everyone of my troops. We're ready for this.

[Dark Kingdom, 7 AC]

The clock strikes noon. The sun is directly above the sky. The heat of victory is touching my skin. I suddenly felt triumph is with us. Our comrade is about to blow his massive horn to send signal to everyone.

At the sound of the horn, I commanded everyone to dive into the barriers of the palace. With the sharp horns of our unicorns, we drilled into the defenses of the dark kingdom. We easily pierced through their walls following the attack of Thang and Ziken's troops.

We landed on the plated floors of the castle. But something is wrong. I easily noticed how unusual the place is compared to what it usually is when I was spying around before.

I walked around more to figure out what exactly the heck is happening here. And I can't believe what I have realized right now...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

My heart suddenly raced. All the hopes that I had a while ago vanished in an instant. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. We thought we're doing so well already, this is a bummer. We just hit the rock bottom.

It's a trap. WE'RE TRAPPED. There's no one around here, no warriors of the dark realm. The cartographers seemed to create the map to intentionally lead us into this trap. We're all fooled. We didn't know that the dark lord was aware of our plans.

Thang run to me and he give a scroll. "I saw this black scroll at the gate Ruphus. It seems to be a message of the dark lord." I rushed and opened the letter of the dark lord.

I set this up to lead all of you into this trap. I didn't know you'll be this fool to follow this trick of mine. I gathered all my warriors and we're taking down the light realm. I was aware that you'll try to stop us so I outsmarted you. It will take you a lot of time to get of that place. Once you get out of there, the light realm will fall and Yullova is now mine.

I suddenly dropped the scroll unconsciously.
No. That can't happen. We have to get out of here. The light realm is in danger and they were not informed about it.

"We need to get of this place immediately, break the walls as fast as you could." I commanded them.

"The walls are enchanted by dark energy. We're having a hard time destroying it." Ziken irritatedly blasted fire bombs on the walls. I remembered Mirage and Hyacinth, they're still outside waiting for our signal

"Mirage and Hyacinth, can you hear me? We need your help to destroy this place as fast as we could. Every minute is important here!" I commanded them immediately.

I failed as a leader. The revolution that we all anticipated flopped so hard. We'll just end up losing another ally. But I still hold unto this battle. We will not give up this fight.

I gritted my teeth. Now, this is the start of the real battle. For the peace of Yullova and for the redemption of its balance, we'll fight with all our might till the end.

❲End of the Prologue❳

YULLOVA: The Revolution of the Realms

This novel is a work of fiction. Names, places, events and characters are all fictitious.

No parts of this story may be reproduced, transmitted, or distributed by any means with the legal permission of the author.

All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2020. Wattpad.
@FinestSage

Official Twitter Hashtag: #YullovaTROTR