Background

A/N: You can skip this part if you want! The pic above is the close-up of the sim I made of Haia, I'll be putting in pictures of her outfits throughout the story as they fit into the plot!

OC: Birthname- Haia Kubota

Haia- nimble, quick

Kubota- longtime protector

Hero Name- The Jungle Hero: Panthera

Physical Description: Haia has deep chestnut brown hair that reaches just above her shoulders, it is wavy and she often leaves it down. Her eyes are an almost eerie orange-brown color with specks of yellow hidden in them. Her body is not what most people expect when realizing she is a hero, she is nice and curvy and has a tiny bit of a belly but she's proud of it. Her body fat and muscle are equal to each other but she is incredibly strong. She is on the taller side about 5'9". She has quite a few scars lining the life side of her face, one vertically down her neck, and a few on her arms and legs. She also has a tattoo of a jungle going down her left arm.

Hero Costume: Her hero costume is quite simple in design, it is a long-sleeved black bodysuit with black shorts over it and also has an attached utility belt. Her utility belt always has some snacks in it (usually beef jerky), medicinal herbs, and rope for capturing as well as a pocket knife/dagger. There are subtle hints of yellowish-green coloring in the seams that become more prominent when she surges with energy. Her costume itself is made out of fibers of her hair so that when she turns into her full jaguar form (and when she grows a tail) her suit changes with her and doesn't rip. Her shoes are specially made anklets that when needed are more like sneakers with a sole and are close-toed and offer support, but when she changes form they revert back into anklets so as not to shred them. She also has a black mask covering the lower half of her face, it appears to be secured around her head and like the fashion masks most kpop artists wear.

Quirk: "Jaguar"

Abilities: Enhanced agility, hearing, and speed. She can grow a tail and jaguar ears and, also have elongated teeth(fangs) and nails(claws) when this happens her original ears disappear and are replaced by jaguar ears towards the top of her head. She is very good at climbing, but prefers to swim and will take the chance when given the option. She can also transform into a fully grown jaguar, this form changes with her age but she can force it to become larger or smaller depending on the situation. When she is surging with energy a yellow light aura surrounds her and her eyes also glow. She has a jaguar's basic senses and abilities but they are enhanced. She can see in the dark when activating her quirk, almost like night vision. Her vision is very enhanced in dark environments and is almost as perfect as when there is ample light. Her bite in jaguar form is very lethal because a jaguar's jaw strength is the strongest of all the big cats. Jaguars have a variety of growls and purrs. Haia can growl to call for aid from other animals around her and can also vary her volume and pitch when growl which can cause damage but is mostly used to capture people's attention. She excels in stealth missions and situational quick thinking, which is what she teaches at U.A., along with a variety of other skill sets (working with animals on missions, working alongside law enforcement, etc.)

Drawbacks: If her quirk is activated for an extended amount of time her tail and ears will be stuck for a while, depending on how long she overextended her quirk, she can also stay stuck in full jaguar form for the same reasons. If stuck in her full jaguar form she can begin to lose her true self and succumb to her more animalistic nature. Her quirk requires energy so if she overuses it on low sleep, she could push herself into a coma or faint as well as make herself sick. She has a few more jaguar tendencies, such as eating more meat, purring when someone pats her head (this usually happens when she and ears and a tail), hyper-alert and aware of her surroundings, being more active at night, and being much lighter on her feet which makes it easier to sneak. When she growls too loudly or for too long or at too high of a pitch she can lose her voice for a few days or it can become very hoarse.

Parents: Adoptive Mother- Azumi Kubota (Japanese)

Azumi- safe space

Mother's Quirk- Locator Quirk, basically she can find anyone's coordinates if she has a piece of DNA or has met them and touched them before, she is part of the police and is a decorated detective, her job is how she found Haia. They aren't super close emotionally, but they love and care for each other they just show it through actions more than words. She is Haia's protector and has trained her in self-defense since she was about six.

Adoptive Father- Ray Kubota (American)

Ray- wise protector

Father's Quirk- Empath, he can clearly tell other people's emotions and can almost immediately assist them with whatever is bothering them. This, in turn, makes him more sensitive and a little more submissive, Azumi wears the pants but Ray is closer to his Haia. He can also emit his own emotions and influence the people around him to feel what he is. Ray works as a psychologist.

Azumi Physical Description: Azumi has long black hair that, in certain lighting, appears navy blue. She has striking midnight blue eyes and is very muscular. She is petite in height but her muscles fill her out. She isn't curvy but instead more straight-bodied.

Ray Physical Description: Ray has lighter brown hair, that is styled in a crew cut. His hair has a slight grey tint to it because of the stress that comes with his quirk and job in general. He has kind forest green eyes, that often make his patients feel calm (but that's most likely due to his quirk). He isn't very muscular but he is tall at around 6'1" and is pretty skinny.

Background: Haia was found as a baby in California, by her adoptive mother on a police mission. Her mother promptly adopted her after finding out she would be sent to an orphanage because she felt a very strong connection with her. Both Ray and Azumi speculated that Haia was of South American (based on where she was found) and Japanese (based on a few outstanding features) descent. Azumi named her Haia and taught her Japanese growing up while Ray taught her English. Haia went to one of the greatest Hero Schools in America, and lucky enough for them it was based in California. Haia was also a part of an exchange program with U.A. which is how she became great friends with Hizashi, Nemuri, and Shouta. After obtaining her hero license Haia went on to become a successful Hero in both North and South America, as well as some places in Africa. She mainly focused on poaching cases and environmental and animal conservation, as well as stealth missions, and hostage situations. She was once even commissioned to be a bodyguard, which is a story in itself. Flash forward to when she is about to turn 31 and a Principal from Japan's top hero school calls her and asks her to become a teacher. She readily accepts his offer and moves to Japan.