Entrance Exam and Opening Ceremony

The bitter February air unleashed its vicious assault on Haia's face as she stepped onto the street to begin her walk to U.A. Today was the entrance exam, her and a panel of other U.A. staff members would be watching and scoring the young heroes to be.

The prospect of getting to decide who's dreams would continue and who would be left to find a new path in life was a daunting task. The thought brought butterflies to her stomach, making it churn the closer she got to the large campus.

Entering the building she made her way to the viewing room. The lighting was dim but she could make out a mass of black tendrils and made her way over to her friend.

"Good morning Shouta."

The man grumbled out "Morning," in return, and continued to sip on his large cup of black coffee.

"Still drink your coffee black?"

The tired man raised a single brow, "I'm surprised you remembered."

Haia giggled at his perplexed look and tapped her nose, "I wouldn't say remembered so much as I could smell it. Being part cat has its perks." He had always smelled like coffee and fresh laundry that's just been taken out of the dryer.

Shouta snorted as he took another sip of the pitch-black drink, "I can only imagine what it's like to smell something unpleasant."

The jaguar-like girl scrunched her nose at this, resulting in Shouta giving an almost unnoticeable smile that he quickly hid behind his scarf. "Ugh, don't remind me, I once passed a garbage truck on a walk and I threw up right then and there. It was both embarrassing and disgusting."

He gave a quiet chuckle as the look of repulsion never left her face. Most of the other staff members had begun to sit down so he motioned for them to take a seat by the monitors. He took the second to last seat while Haia gently sat next to him at the very end.

The door burst open and a man, only recognizable as All Might, the Number One Hero walked in. The large man was dressed in a horrid mustard yellow suit and as soon as he sat down the entrance exam had begun.

Most of the exam went by in a blur for Haia, she imagined it did for most of the students as well. There were a few stand out characters including, a blonde boy with an explosion quirk, "He seems very aggressive, don't you think?"

Shouta hummed his agreement, "Aggressive, yes, but if his drive is as strong as his quirk then he will go far."

The Jungle Hero gave a small smile at the worn-out man's comment. All the logic and reasoning were still there from when they were kids but she didn't doubt the encouragement would leak through once he got to know his class. Deep down Shouta was a big softy, she would know, it was the side he showed around her the most.

Turning back to the screen, Haia noticed a cutesy girl with what seemed to be a gravity quirk. She was doing well against the zero pointers but soon realized she had got herself into trouble and was going to be crushed. A sudden green flash flew across the screens and with her jaguar vision she could make out a freckled green-haired boy, whose legs and arms were flapping and purple behind him.

"That's a strange quirk, one that makes you destroy your body to use it," Haia hummed thoughtfully.

"I don't think that's it. It's almost as if his quirk has just awakened and he hasn't learned how to properly use it yet."

At Shouta's comment, Haia hears a small but sharp intake of breath come from All Might's direction. Her jaguar senses allowed her to pick up on this and doubted that Shouta heard him, even if he was closer to the muscular man. The woman decided not to worry about it too much but would keep an eye on both the green-haired boy (if he got into U.A.) and All Might throughout the year.