𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

—  𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒  —

It was dark.

Pitch black, cold and suffocatingly claustrophobic. Nights like these were common for Itachi, when the demons in his head screeched and begged for him. So he'd leave, run away and away until his bare feet grew numb and swollen from running. His feet took him to many places, one of them being the Hokage Rock where he'd sit on their heads and watch the moon shower silver mercury onto the village.

Somehow, it felt comforting for Itachi. To just sit still and watch the world move and shift around him during the dead of the night. Unlike his so called home, where venom lingered until every crack and crevice was filled with poison, Itachi found himself free from that cage. To be able to move like this, unwrapped from the tied up blood strings. It felt good.

"Mind if I join you?"

She stood still with a worn out smile across her face. Itachi looked at her momentarily before shifting to the left, making space for her to sit. The girl star gazed across the midnight sky, watching the stars chase each other as the moon sung lullabies to the sun.

"I couldn't sleep", he answered, as if he knew that she'd question him for being awake during this godly questionable, late hour.

"Guess that makes the two of us."

Although she was staring at the night sky, her eyes saw something else. Itachi could just tell, he had seen many eyes that told stories. Most of them being unforgiving or unforgettable or both. So he could see it when he saw her eyes; her clouded eyes being torn, stabbed, and buried alive beneath a grave. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then it must be true.

The night didn't feel like forever anymore, not when the two of them exchanged words every now and then. Telling stories like there was no tomorrow, it flew by so quickly. So quickly that time seemed to have forgotten. The two of them watched the sun arising from its slumber; its golden dew lit up in the milky morning sky. Itachi glanced towards the girl, watching her eyes flicker to life.

It was bright.