𝐕𝐈

—  𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍  —

Ichiraku Ramen was like a home sweet home

When the dim lights flickered warmly as they walked in, their lungs were greeted by a mouth watering scent of ramen lingering in the air. It was a place for comfort. A place to stop and watch the mundane reality move around you, and so for Itachi, he felt that deep inside his bones. The young Uchiha amusingly watched her eyes glimmer in delight as she slurped onto her noodles like it was the last meal on Earth. Seeing the satisfied, toothy grin across her face, Itachi could almost forget everything else in this world, and it made him feel normal.

"You guys look like a couple."

Itachi looked to the other side to see his dearest cousin. Shisui leaned back, and placed his chopsticks on the table. It was a rather chilly night, and the cold didn't seem to sleep as the older Uchiha exhaled a cloud of icy breath. A storm began to swirl in the depth of his irises when his eyes laid upon Itachi. Shisui could see it. Although his younger cousin's puffy, red eyes had shrunken from previous nights ago, Shisui could still see the shadows that bad begun to blacken his soul.

The lines on the young Uchiha's face were more prominent and deepened than usual, like a katana slicing through bamboo, it was sharply carved. Even his normally milky toned skin grew into a ghostly complexion, it was too sickly pale and too sickly pale for his liking. Itachi looked away. Looking as though he wanted to run, to escape, and perhaps, his feet were already moving.

"You know we're just friends."

"Friends? Well, I suppose so."

Although a grin was inked onto Shisui, it didn't quite reach his eyes and Itachi could see it. He could read him like an open book. The older cousin gave a friendly pat on the backs of the female and the fellow Uchiha, but it felt more of a bitter touch to the bones. Itachi grimaced.

"Enjoy your night while it lasts", Shisui spoke bitterly as he left with nothing but cold air.

Itachi clenched his fingers onto his shinobu uniform, it almost bore holes into his shirt. But when the female entwined her fingers around his hand and traced a series of circles onto his palm. He felt so god damn free, he felt like he could quit running. It was as though she had his entire existence wrapped tightly around her fingers, and he didn't intend on leaving her. The young Uchiha looked up and saw her smile so brightly, it could bring shame to the moon's silver glow. Itachi didn't like ramen much, he preferred his sweet dango.

But tonight, the ramen tasted like heaven.