𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍

The butterflies never stopped fluttering

He had known her for years, even so, not a single moment went by where he was never left breathless yet full of life. When the two of them were left alone together, she took him to a whole different dimension. His veins pulsating thousands of galaxies as his blood cells metamorphosed into shooting stars. That's how he felt each passing moment, and it left him feeling complete.

His thoughts were cut short when her hands clinged onto his, pulling and twirling him away until their feet grew sore. Itachi sometimes wondered what was going on inside her head. How could one smile like that, as if the world was all sunshine and rainbows? He was so afraid—so very god damn afraid that one day, the world would crash and go against them. It was inevitable, and Itachi knew this very well.

"What's wrong?"

She murmured as the female grazed her bare feet against the evergreen grass; her hands reaching out towards the sky as if she was attempting to touch the clouds. Her body moved along with the Summer breeze, and twirled the kimono she wore. When she danced like a fairy in the flower fields, Itachi was speechless. Perhaps the world didn't matter, or anything else, because she's here. Breathing and living beside him, and that was all he needed.

"If we met in another lifetime, another dimension, another world, I wonder if we could still share the same moment we have right now."

Her cheeks and ears began to burn, "You're speaking nonsense, come dance with me—"

The girl yelped as she tripped over his feet; two pair of legs tangled in between each other. Itachi looked up at her from the ground, the grass tickling his cheeks as his lips fell apart. For the first time in his life, something was creeping beneath his skin. Like a flame suddenly ignited, it burned and burned until his soul was left in a state where his butterflies were out of control.

Perhaps it was the air, or the Summer heat that caught him up in a fever, but Itachi felt something else. He felt like kissing her. He wanted to mould his lips against hers, to taste the flavour of poetry on her tongue. A sunset haze bled beneath his cheeks as the heavens lit up in his eyes. After all these years, Itachi had realised one thing. He had fallen in love long before he knew, and there was no turning back. Not when his butterflies were fluttering and trickling through his veins.

She was so golden in his eyes.