𝐈𝐕

𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 

He thought she was pretty

When the little boy first met her, he wondered if his older brother, Itachi was going to marry her, because the way he looked at her was different. Sasuke could see something there. Like how his older brother's cheeks and ears grew a sunset haze. Or how his eyes would sometimes look the other way as if he was pretending to act cool, even though a clash of meteorites were erupting inside his head.

Sasuke wondered if she felt the same way too about Itachi. But perhaps, maybe just the tiniest, slightest chance, perhaps the feelings had blossomed into a flower. Sasuke eyeballed the two of them, he wondered if they even remembered the fact that a five year old boy was with them. They looked so out of this world, like the universe only revolved around them, like nothing in this little world of theirs could ever hurt them.

The female grinned towards Itachi, "Thanks for walking me home, I'll see you tomorrow!"

Before she left, the female glanced at the little boy one last time and ruffled his untamed, raven locks of hair. Sasuke gawked at her smile as his normally pale cheeks grew touches of cherries and peaches. She looked like a goddess fallen from the stars, because the way she smiled with hands that were so warm felt ethereal. Ah, he could understand why his older brother felt this way. She was a one of a kind.

"Are you going to marry her?", he asked his older brother, after waving goodbye to the girl.

Itachi gazed at the sky; watching the morning sky flickering to life. Marry her? Itachi wanted to run away with her, run away from the world, to see something new, anything, before it collapses and rots in the pits of hell. Like a spark of a flame awaiting to be ignited into a firework, the start of something new, anything that could keep him away from his curse. Itachi poked his fingers onto his dearest brother's forehead and watched Sasuke pout his chubby baby cheeks.

"Come now, we still have training to do."