Chapter Fourteen

Emily:

Every fiber of my being was consumed by shame and fear as he laid on top of me, grunting in my ear and telling me over and over how good I was.  My legs trembled and ached from all of the kicking I did, and my neck stung from where his finger nails dug in. I wanted God to put me out of my misery.

How was I going to be able to look in the mirror after this?  The heinous act only lasted for a few minutes, but the pain of it would last me a lifetime.

Perhaps I deserved what was happening because I ignored Hope's numerous warnings about him.  I wanted to believe that he was the right man for me.

My hands clenched together when he released inside of me. I closed my eyes and tried to think of a place that made me happy, a place that was far away from this hell hole. I imagined that I was sitting at the dinner table with my family, laughing about the silly things that happened to us during the day.  What I wouldn't give to see them now.

"Oh, Emily." Vincent's sweat dripped down to my forehead. "I knew you would be amazing."

Stay in your happy place.  Stay there as long as you can.  Don't let his voice pull you back here.

"Did you hear what I said?"  He released my throat and ran his hand over my cheek.  "You were great."

My eyes opened. He was smiling down at me. "Did you enjoy yourself, too? Tell me how good it was."

I looked away, biting my lip. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "Tell me you got as much pleasure as I did. I want to hear you say it."

"N-no."

"Your moans throughout told me a different story."

"I need to take a shower."  My eyes stared into his pleadingly.  The dirty feeling was overwhelming.  I didn't want his scent on me another second.

"Did you really hate it that much?" He looked like I had just stabbed him in the gut.

"Please, let me wash myself off."

I could see the tears swelling in his eyes. He got off of me and wiped the sweat from his face.  "I'm sorry that you feel the need to cleanse yourself. I should have known you wouldn't want to do this with a loser like me.  I'm sorry you hated it."

"Don't you dare." My shame was swiftly replaced by an intense anger. "Don't you dare try to put a guilt trip on me after what you just did!"

"I-I thought if I apologized-"

"What?  That I would forgive you?"

"Well, yes."

"I'll never forgive you for this."  I closed my eyes again, pinching back the tears. "Never."

"Don't say that, Emily. You never know what good could come out of this. Maybe you'll get pregnant, and...and we could start a family."

I couldn't believe my ears. He was even more sick than I imagined. How could he possibly think I would keep a baby he forced inside of me, much less raise one with him? I would rather die.

"Can I just take my shower?  Please."

"Stay here and I'll get it ready for you."  He placed his hand on my cheek.  "While you're in there, I'll cook us a nice dinner.  We can still have our date."

He started to walk away, but I had one more burning thought that had to come out.  "Vincent, wait."  He stopped and looked back at me.  I stood from the couch and stepped towards him on weak legs.  "Were you really going to propose tonight?"