Chapter Twenty Seven

Vincent:

There were many things in my life that I should have never had to endure, but none worse than what I've been through in the last twenty four hours; being assaulted by a police officer, being arrested, being processed, being thrown into a jail cell, being forced to wear an orange jumpsuit that hadn't been washed in weeks, and it was all because of loving my sweet Emily too much.

Sure, I knew the risks when I took her that night. I was so blinded by the fear of losing her that I made the worst mistake of my entire life. My freedom was gone because of it. By the time all of this was through, I would be sentenced to life in prison.

My only chance now was to hire the best defense attorney this city had to offer, a ruthless man by the name of Levi Cohen.  He was notorious for getting the worst criminals off because of technicalities, or mistakes made by the police.

I was certain he would be able to help me.

But I was told I wouldn't be able to make my phone call for another few hours. I was going to have to suffer in this God forsaken cell, which was made even more terrifying by the muscle bound, tatted up man who was stuck in here with me.

"What are you in for, kid?" He asked me, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"I've been framed."

"Hmph, I've heard that one before."

The jailer who stood a few feet away, an extremely rude asshole named Jude, laughed. "Don't let that boy lie to you, Gerald. He's in for kidnapping."

Gerald smiled with approval and placed his large hand on my shoulder. "Kidnapping, huh? I like a good story. Tell me about your victim."

"There's nothing to tell. I'm innocent."

"You're not some kind of pedophile, are you?"

"No! That's sick!"

"Then who did you kidnap?"

"Ugh, if you must know, it was my girlfriend. But the cops have it all wrong. She came willingly."

"Oh?"

"Yes! Now leave me the hell alone. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"First time in the slammer, huh?" He nodded with understanding. "It can be overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it.  I've been in here for five months now, for selling drugs to high school kids."

Why in the hell did this creep think I cared about his problems?  I had enough to worry about.  I walked away from him and sat on the hard bed, sighing when he followed me. 

"You know what the worst part is?" He whispered, placing his hand on my thigh. "It gets real lonely."

The jailer smiled knowingly before leaving us alone, closing the metal door behind himself.  My stomach immediately clenched from the way this creepy fuck was looking at me.  "Listen," I said, "I have had a long day, and the last thing I need is-"

"They told me about what you did to that girl before they brought you here."  His hand tightened around my thigh.  "I have a daughter of my own, and if I ever found out some prick raped her, I would give him a taste of his own medicine."

"Y-you can't be serious."

The smile vanished from his lips, and he stood up, unfastening his jumpsuit. "Rich assholes like you think they can get away with anything, and the fucked up thing is, you probably will. That's why I want to leave you with something to remember."

"No!"  I leapt from the bed and ran over to the cold bars, only to be shoved against them.  "Don't!"

"I'll bet that's what your pretty little girlfriend cried before you forced yourself inside of her, rich boy."