Chapter 9: What More?

Hanji's POV

"Last night was kinda crazy, am I right?" My hands began to shake as I quickly got dressed in a business-like manner. "Me and you... together... I-I can't believe it."

Levi shook his head softly, blushing as I recalled those moments. "I'm still sorry... I didn't mean things to end up like that way. But... did you feel... good about that? I mean... is it enough to ask if we can be together? A-As a couple?"

I blushed more once I got those heels on my feet. I could feel them aching already, but it was only for a short time. "Give me one more day, Levi... okay? Things are really... really moving fast. I didn't expect to be... you know... nevermind, let's go now."

He chuckles, standing up and quickly pecking a kiss on my lips. I could've pushed him away, but I didn't want to. I accepted that little kiss of his. "Just make sure you get something to eat right now. It won't take me that much to get ready."

I nodded softly, walking out to the kitchen. Thanks to Isabel, she already started to make a pot of coffee. She smiled, handing me a cup. "Here ya go, Hanji. It's plain right now, so go ahead and add whatever you want. I didn't know what you wanted."

"Thanks anyways, Isabel." I began to add in a few sugar cubes and then adding a bit of some cream. "Really thoughtful of you to make a cup of coffee for me. Didn't have to go that far."

"Well, after all... I want to treat the future wife of Levi greatly. I'm exaggerating too much, I know... but still... I consider you as part of my family. Well... our family."

I chuckled softly, hearing those words of appreciation filling me up. "Thanks for thinking me like that... maybe if Nanaba also knew, she would consider you as family as well-" But then there was this surprised look on Isabel's face. "W-Was that bad?"

"Try not to openly discuss who we are in reality, okay? It's one of our closely guarded secrets. Please don't tell. Levi-Bro would be... kinda hurt if he found out that the girl he deeply loves told the whole world who he really is. He hardly opens up to anyone- and whoever he does tell... they mean something to him."

Taking that to heart, I nodded. Keeping Levi's secret identity had a cost. Hearing that from a different person really hit me hard. "I'll keep that in mind, Isabel. Thank you."

She smiles brightly, giggling heavily. "Better hurry and drink as much coffee as you can. Levi's gonna be out any time soon. Keep my brother in line, alright?"

As she stated, Levi walked out. He was dressed in such a fancy tuxedo- always trying to fix that cravat of his. Once he fixed it, he looked up and smiled softly at me. "You ready to go?"

"Of course I am."

"Black tea- coming right up!" Isabel says, scrambling for a small thermos cup. "All nice and warm in there, Big Bro! Good luck getting back there, heard it's gonna be a massacre there."

Levi chuckles softly, shaking his head a bit. "I'll try my best to survive... and protect Hanji there." I blushed when he said that, and I followed after him. "Come on, let's go. Don't wanna be late."

We both walked out of the house, and Nanaba's car pulled up. I didn't text or call her about my job issues... so it was kinda awkward to know that I was dressed for work when I'm not going back to my old job.

"Hanji?! What are you dressed in?"

"E-Erm..."

"Are you taking her out of the house? Like a date? Boy, what are you doing to my poor Hanji?!" Nanaba kept on ranting on, scolding Levi like he was acting like a bad puppy. He shrunk away from her, clinging onto me for help. "Levi, stop trying to take advantage of this poor soul!"

I stepped forward, trying to cover my cheeks from glowing red. "Nanaba... he's taking me to my job. My new one."

That surprised look grew on Nanaba's face when I mentioned that last part. "New... job? What happened at our place-"

"Fired me because of how much absent leave I took. Can't have that so... Levi gave me a job. We're heading there now so I can get started. Sorry for... not telling you, Nana..."

She rolls her eyes, scoffing softly. "Well, glad to know that he's not trying to do anything funny with you. When will ya come back? Sometime tonight? I'll bring some takeout so we can all share."

"Sounds nice, Nanaba." Levi says with a soft smile. "Come on, let's go, Hanji." Together, we walked into Levi's car and I solemnly watched Nanaba get into her car and leave. When I sighed, I guess Levi heard how sorrowful it sounded. "Was I supposed to tell her what we did last night?"

"No... it's just... I should've told her about the job... and sorry she ranted off on you..."

"Hanji..." If he was ever a singer, I could never see it in his face. "I won't have minded it. I didn't say anything to you because she was your friend. If I said anything about what happened between us, I don't want you to be caught in the misfire."

A weak smile grew on my face, and I took a sip of my coffee. "Thanks for caring about me. Literally... thanks for everything."

"If you're gonna say that you're a burden, I'll stop you right now."

I nod my head as Levi began to car. It seemed that he could read my mind like it was a huge scroll right in front of him. "Okay... I won't say anything-"

He suddenly kisses me, and we lingered there- just making out. Whatever happened last night carried on now. At the moment, I'm not quite sure of why- no, I know why. I just don't want to admit it again. I don't want to admit that I'm in love with Levi. A singer, a stranger, a CEO. He was all that wrapped in one. I'm just afraid of losing him... just like I lost Erwin.