Hashira Meeting

Edited: July 29, 2021

***

"What's the matter, demon? Come on! You know you want it." Sanemi provokes Nezuko with a grin on his face.

Nezuko growls at him as saliva drips down her chin.

You continued to struggle but Rengoku restrained your movements by holding your tied-up hands. You overhear a conversation that made you freeze.

"Kamado-kun, if you use any breathing techniques while your lungs are being squeezed, your veins will burst."

You quickly look at Tanjiro and saw him getting roughly restrained by Iguro, digging his elbow on Tanjiro's back.

"His veins will burst!" Exclaimed by Uzui, "I like it! Sounds flamboyant! Come on start bursting!"

'Huh?! Why is this guy so obsessed in flamboyance?!'

"Poor soul... Such a weak, pathetic child." Gyomei mutters to himself, "Namu Amida Butsu." He prays.

Back to Nezuko, Sanemi's blood drips down the floor as its intoxicating smell fills the room making Nezuko breathe heavily, struggling to restrain herself.

While you were trying your best to free yourself. Rengoku suddenly asked a question that caught you off guard. "Why are you trying to free yourself when you said that your sister wouldn't devour any human?"

"Eh? I—" You think for a moment before answering, "Because, I can't stand it any longer if the mean guy hurt Ne-chan again." You said with a pained voice, wanting to help your sister but couldn't.

Rengoku's eyes widen a little before grinning, "Hmm! I like it! I like your honest answer!" He pets your head with his right hand while holding you down with his left. "I'm sure he's not gonna hurt her if what you guys said is true." He happily exclaimed with a laugh.

'He's...he's petting my head...just like Tan-nii does...'

Right on cue, Tanjiro breaks free of his tied hands. And before Iguro could do anything to stop him, Giyuu grabbed his wrist and let Tanjiro run in Nezuko's direction. Tanjiro exclaimed her name, trying to encourage her.

Your body was tense as all of you waited for Nezuko to make a move. She growls for a minute before sharply turning her head, sending a message that she didn't want any of Sanemi's blood.

The master gently smiles before asking what just happened. One of the white-haired girl's answers, "The demon girl turned her back in disgust." She added, "Although, she'd been stabbed three times by Shinazugawa and despite his flaunting of his bloody arm in her face, she restrained herself and did not bite."

"So now, it's been proven that Nezuko won't attack humans, right?" The master gently announced.

Relief flows through your vein, feeling overwhelmed and glad that everything was fine till the end. 'I'm so glad...' You sigh and buried your face to the ground.

"Tanjiro, (Y/n)..." The master gently calls for both of you, "I'm sure that even after this, there are some who can't accept Nezuko." He turns his head at you and Tanjiro, "You must prove it to them starting now." He added, "That both of you and Nezuko can fight as Demon Slayers."

After hearing this, Tanjiro respectfully bowed before thinking, 'What is this feeling? It's like I'm floating... His voice. Is it because of this man's voice that I'm feeling light  in the head?'

"Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki." He advised, "Do that, and you'll be accepted by all. And it will give more weight to your words."

You closed your eyes to ease your mind before opening them and slowly lift yourself. A determined expression on your face as you let your brother speaks for both of you.