I Missed You (Dabi X Pro Hero!Reader)

"You really think someone like me could make it?" Asked a red haired boy. "I mean, sure it sounds cool to be a hero but I don't know if it's for me, despite what my old man says." He growls slightly at the mentioning of his father. "Of course you could!" His good friend says enthusiastically. "You could do anything if you really wanted to Touya! Your quirk is super strong!" Touya hums. "Too strong..." He holds out his arm in front of him, they were wrapped up in bandages due to said quirk.

"But thanks, (Y/n)." He leans back against the tree you two met at everyday. It was especially beautiful this time of year, it was in full bloom, the leaves swaying in the gentle wind. It made Touya feel calm, something he almost never got back home. (Y/n) leaned back as well and looked up at the tree. "Maybe you'll be able to control it one day." They say gently. "It really is a beautiful quirk Touya." The red head laughs. "Yeah right. What's so beautiful about fire? It only destroys."

(Y/n) looks over at him. "Not when you know how to use it properly. I've seen it Touya. I've seen you use your quirk, weather you were practicing or just messing around with it. It gives me such a warm feeling." It was true, they always felt warm whenever they saw Touya using his quirk. It may be dangerous but not him, not Touya. You knew him, he would never hurt anyone.

At least, that's what they thought...

(Y/n) was on their regular patrols, checking if there were any bank robberies, muggings, random attacks, the usual stuff. They never really got to see much action, but today would be a day they would never forget. "We got a villain attack near your location (hero name)! We need you on the sight now!" Their superior's voice came through your ear piece. "Right!" They responded before rushing off to help. Once (Y/n) arrived to the location, they saw something that made them freeze.

Blue flames, just like...

The villain responsible for the flames turned to face (Y/n). His was covered in burn marks, they plastered on his jaw, down his throat, his eyes, and his arms. Most likely more places on his body from the looks of it. His pitch black hair matched his appearance to a T. Once his blazing blue eyes saw (Y/n), he froze as well. "...(Y/n)?" His voice rasped slightly as he spoke. "Touya...what are you-"

"Stop right there!" More heroes arrived on the spot, ready to attack the villain in front of them. (Y/n) wanted to stop them, but they were already attacking. Touya blocked them by creating a fire wall before running off into the shadows. (Y/n) wasn't about to loose him again, they climbed up the nearest building to get a better view from above. Eventually they spotted Touya, before he could get any further they jumped down from the building and pinned him down. "Touya! What the hell are you doing!? What happened to you!?" (Y/ n) whispered shouted, they wanted to scream their head off but couldn't afford the rest of the heroes finding them.

Touya glares up at them, then quickly throws (Y/n) off and pins them down. "My name isn't Touya." He growls. (Y/n) looked up at him confused, what did he mean? Of course it was Touya, they knew those blue flames anywhere. "Touya what are you talking about?" His grip tights on their arms, making them yelp. "T-Touya!?"

"I go by Dabi now." He says while giving you a stern glare, as if his real name disgusted him. "D-Dabi?" (Y/n) said aloud. They had never been so confused in their life. After years of wondering where their best friend had gone, not knowing if he was alive or dead, and now that they've found him, and he wasn't even himself. "Who did this to you Tou-" (Y/ n) felt his grip tighten as they started his name. "Dabi?" They correct themseleves. "What? You mean the horrible scars? The black hair? Or the staples in my face?" He chuckles darkly. "No one did any of this to me. I did this, I did this to myself."

(Y/n) gulps, this wasn't the Touya they knew. They didn't know who this was, and they were scared."What about your family? Your mother, she-"

"I know where she is." His voice dropped another octave, almost as if he was warning you not to continue. "B-But your little brother Shouto! Does he know!? Or Fuyumi!? Natsuo!?" Dabi had finally had enough of (Y/n) questions, he got off of them and started to walk away. "I suggest you get back to the rest of those bastards. Before I make you look like this too." He looks down at his scarred up arms.

(Y/n) got up, shouting, desperately trying to get him to come back to them. But when he ignored them and kept walking they gave up. With one last try they murmured. "I miss you..."

Dabi stopped for only a second, before continuing on into the shadows, disappearing from sight comtplely.

He wanted nothing more to turn back and hold (Y/n) in his arms, but he knew someone was keeping watch on him. And he'd be damned if he let that bastard lay a hand on them.