New Beginnings

17th May 1521, Whitehall Palace

"My Lady, I must admit that you have behaved in an admirable way this day" Thomas More spoke as he walked beside Arabelle back to her room.

"How so, Sir Thomas?" She replies curiously.

"The way you have held yourself throughout this whole process" He explains, "You have a lot of strength at such an age"

"I have surprised myself" The youngest Stafford admits, "I had it so easy in France and coming here, well it was not what I expected"

"I understand" Thomas nods, noticing the girls frown. "It must be hard for a girl of your age to be going through such changes"

"I would really like to speak to the King" Arabelle abruptly says, grabbing Thomas's arms, though not very forcefully. "Maybe I can make him realise that my Father is innocent."

"I..My Lady." Thomas tries to pull himself away from her, and smooths his gown over. "I don't think the King will hear any petitions."

"You're...you're right Sir More." She sighs in defiance, her face turning a shade of blush pink. "Forgive me, my behaviour was erratic." She continually shakes her head. "This is the type of behaviour that lost my Uncle his head."

"It is quite alright, Lady Stafford." Thomas assures, placing a hand on her shoulder in comfort. "I will try and speak with the King but I cannot make any promises on the matter."

"I know." A sigh escapes her lips again, "I appreciate everything you have done for me Sir Thomas."

"I am here to help anyone that needs help." He replies, "I have heard you are an avid reader?"

"That is correct."

"I thought I would give you a copy of my Utopia." He pulls the book from under his arm, "It is not new by any means but I thought it may help in these troubled times."

"Thank you." Arabelle beams, gently taking the book as they reach her chambers. "I will cherish this wholeheartedly Sir."

"I will return soon to see how you are Lady Arabelle." He nods as she opens her door.

"I thank you for all your kindness." She softly smiles, "I promise I will someday repay you."

"No need." He gives the girl a kind smile as she begins to close the door, "Oh and Lady Arabelle..."

"Yes?" Arabelle replies from behind the half closed door.

"As you were saying earlier, your Uncle lost his head because he behaved in such a way." Thomas begins, "He plotted to kill King Henry. You are a young girl whom is praying for her Father's life and innocence. Keep praying. God will be just."

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■ ■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

24th May 1521, Whitehall Palace