Chapter X - Science Fiction

The click of the door shutting behind him was the only noise cutting through the silence of the hallway. The carpet muffled the sound of his footsteps, followed by the rapid beating of his heart against his chest. His fingers tingled and the lights on the walls seemed brighter to him. He had to pinch himself in his wrist this time.

He didn't want this to be a dream.

A knock was heard in room 521.

It wasn't what she had expected after the hotel owner cutting off their phone call moments after she'd told him what she wanted.

"I need you to come over."

The silence that had followed should perhaps have been an indication of his piqued curiosity, but her nerves had told her she shouldn't be so presumptuous. For when he had hung up, all she could think about was how much she had ruined the chance she'd had with him. Of course, he wouldn't do something so appalling. It most likely went against everything he stood for.

And to be fair, she was right. It did go against everything he stood for. How he had promised himself not to get involved with guests, and especially not journalists of the sort. How he had readily accepted the life of solitude for himself, knowing how foolish it would be to make another attempt with someone who could ruin his reputation with one word.

Yet here he was, standing in front of her, willing to do anything she would ask of him.

Because there had been no one else who had been able to fill that broken void in his heart before her.

"I didn't think you'd come," she breathed.

"I told you, miss, if you were ever in need of me," he said quietly.

"I am," she responded, "I am- in desperate need of you, mister Turner."

It was enough for him to slip his fingers in her hair and kiss her.

He had her pinned against the wall, and his hands were sliding behind her thighs as she was already undoing the buttons of his shirt. He smirked against her lips when he lifted her, causing her to let out a surprised gasp. His lips glided along her neck, sucking and licking the skin and leaving her breathless.

She wrapped herself around him, her thighs almost desperately trying to keep him close.

His hips were a warm presence between her legs, and she felt the fabric of his jeans rub against her centre. It was almost too much to bare, and she latched onto his soft hair in an attempt to get his lips to meet hers again.

"Let me get you to bed, love," was all he had to say to her, because she was already a puddle in his arms.

He sat her down gently, letting her back hit the sheets as he hovered above her. He took her chin between his fingers, and forced her to meet his scrutinizing gaze. The brown of his eyes had turned into something much darker, filled to the brim with a lust that made her yearn for him even more.

"I don't want you to do something you'll regret," he told her. She shook her head, but he stopped her before she could answer him. "You have to think about this. I don't want to see you upset."

"I'd be upset if I wasn't with you," she muttered. Sliding his jacket off of his shoulders, she chucked it across the room. "Now touch me, or I'll have to find another hotel owner to keep me entertained."

"I doubt you will," he smirked.

When he slid his hand down until it finally reached the spot between her thighs, she let out a soft moan. He had managed to get her out of her clothing in a moment's notice, leaving her in just her lingerie. His own shirt was half unbuttoned, curtesy to her previous attempt to undress him, but he was adamant on taking care of her first. She was his guest, as he'd explained it, after all.