8

Two towns over, Kirishima starts up a marvelous, marble staircase, hands shaking slightly. He's nervous. Which is dumb, he thinks. They wanted to see me again, that's good.

As he reaches the huge, cedar doors, he takes a deep breath. Then, uses the silver, lion's head knockers. The echo of the handle hitting the door is louder than he would've liked.

Slowly, they squeak open, a small girl standing, shyly, to the side as she welcomes him inside. "You came back," she says with surprise, and so softly, Eijirou almost doesn't hear.

He does hear it though. Honestly, it only worsens his nerves. "Of course," he smiles.

When Eijirou steps inside the mansion, a sense of dread rolls over him. The hair on his arms stands on end. Luckily, it's hidden by his shirt and suit jacket.

The girl quietly guides him up another set of fancy, marble stairs, and to an office room.

It's different than the one he was seen in for his last interview. This one, unlike the last, is almost empty. The bookshelves along the back wall aren't even half full. It's somewhat unsettling. A desk sits in the center of the room with stacks of paperwork and a couple of computer monitors. The keyboard is slightly dusty.

Sunlight shines through the large window, its curtains tied to either side. A leather chair sits behind the cherrywood desk.

As Kirishima looks around the office, he decides something is off about this family. Before he can really think about it, though, an astonishingly angry looking woman stalks through the door.

"You must be Kirishima Eijirou," she huffs. "Last you were here, my husband interviewed you, correct?"

He nods, "Yes ma'am."

"Then," she says, "you must know that I am Bakugou Mitsuki. Cherry, get him a seat."

The girl hurries from the office and back with a chair for Eijirou to sit on. "Thank you," he smiles at her and turns back to the woman.

Mitsuki rests on the edge of the desk, her arms folded, and glares at the boy in front of her. "My husband and I are looking for someone to be our son's personal assistant. Do you understand?"

Confidently, Ei nods again, "Yes ma'am, I do."

"My son is a brat. He can't do what he's told or follow in his father footsteps the way he should. Can't control his temper, either." She stops to give a frustrated sigh. "Your duty would be to keep him in line, so that I do not have to. Make sure he does his work, get him to family and company events."

After at least an hour of that, exhausting, woman, Eijirou is free to leave, and as far as he knows, he's got the job.