17

"What?" Kirishima genuinely missed what Mina said.

Her eyes go wide and she immediately responds, "What?"

"Um, anyway," Eiji says, with a faint blush, "I, uh, I don't think it's a bad job, I-I just, I still haven't met the guy, ya know? Of course, I haven't been there very long, but I feel like I'm not doing my job well."

Ochaco smiles softly and places her hand atop Eijirou's, "Listen to us, Red, you're doing great. Kaminari said the email you wrote was constructed beautifully."

"Well," Mina interrupts, "what he really said was, 'Ei's writing skill fucking slaps, reading that email was like listening to Queen's Greatest Hits.'" She laughs, "Of course, we had to decipher what he meant, but it was one of the easier things we've had to figure out."

"Yeah, that sounds like Denki."

The three of them laugh, which has the unfortunate side effects of waking an angry blond.

Katsuki picks his head off the table and rubs the sleep from his eyes. Maybe the anger hasn't set in yet. He runs a hand through his hair and looks at his coworkers, "The fuck is your problem? It's too early in the god damn morning for you dumbasses to be so fucking loud." Sighing, he motions for the girls to get up. "Move, I'm making some fucking coffee."

"G'morning, Blondie," Kiri says with utmost adoration in his voice.

He doesn't say anything in response, just raises his hand in a halfhearted wave as he goes to make himself some coffee. It takes a moment to register in Bakugou's mind just how sweetly Red had spoken to him. When it does click though, his face flushes, and he regrets not actually saying anything to Red.

After making coffee for himself, Katsuki returns to the booth where Red, Pinky, and Round face are all talking, sets his drink down, and grabs a hair tie right off of Uraraka's wrist.

She isn't even phased. This is normal.

Kirishima watches as the blond barista ties his hair back into a ponytail and then slides onto the seat with him. It's cute, only a few inches of hair hangs down from the ponytail. Ei can't help the little smile on his face.

"What," Katsuki growls.

"Your hair is just really cute...I like it," Eijirou responds quietly.

They both get quiet and kinda awkward, so Mina decides to fill the space. "Have you heard from  him yet, Red?"

"No." Kirishima turns to face Mina directly, "No, but I sent him that email only yesterday, and Cherry said he probably won't respond for a while, if ever."

Bakugou is obviously uncomfortable.

"Ah. Can we see the email," Ochaco asks. "Of course, you don't have to show us, I was just curious."

He checks the time before saying, "Maybe another time, I should get going."

They all get up from the booth, and Mina walks Kirishima to the door, "Have a good day, Red!"

(Finally! Chapter 17! Sorry it took so long. Hopefully 18 won't take as long.)