iv | will return with a shrubbery

something went wrong , very wrong . steve had only gone back to return the stones , and now he found himself not just in the wrong place , but the completely wrong time .

steve had tried to make the best of living in fifth century britian , and after a year he had been doing quite well for himself as a traveling doctor . it was amazing how something as simple as hand washing and frequent bathing could cut down on illnesses .

it was a familiar trip , one he had taken many times in the last few months , and everytime he saw the sword in the stone he smiled . historians had debated for years if it was fact or fiction , yet when he first saw it , he couldn't believe his eyes . now it was just another landmark to him .

today , he had a little more time , and finally made the decision to inspect the ancient relic . steve stepped closer to the sword , studying it . something seemed familiar about it . he looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was near by before wrapping his hand around it .

 he looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was near by before wrapping his hand around it

steve didn't know what he expected when he did so . perhaps baby angels appearing in the sky blowing trumpets with their butts ? but nothing happened , except when he gave it a slight tug , and he felt the familiar feeling run through him .

 perhaps baby angels appearing in the sky blowing trumpets with their butts ? but nothing happened , except when he gave it a slight tug , and he felt the familiar feeling run through him

pulling the sword from the stone was like pulling a shovel out of fertile soil . for a minute, he just held the sword in his hands . there would be only one way to test his theory of the sword's orgin .

leaning the weapon against a tree , he took a few steps back before reaching his hand out towards it , closing his eyes , and letting out of breath .

in a second , the hilt was firmly planted in his palm . steve couldn't help but laugh before his eyes locked onto yours .