Chapter 8

"Children. Chloe wanted to say something to all of you." The teacher started.

"Yes. I wanted to apologize for my utterly ridiculous behavior in the past and hope that you will give me chance to earn forgiveness from the better part of you." Chloe stated nonchalantly.

———-

The class exploded into murmurs. Chloe was standing there. It was probably the first time Marinette saw her actually uncomfortable. The blonde was often irritated, tense or even uneasy, but not in this way. She was looking ashamed, but not with her actions. Both damian and Marinette were quite good at reading people and they could tell that Chloe was sincere in her apology.

Alya finally broke from her murmuring with Lila, stood up and looked at the blonde. "How can we know you actually changed. For all we know this might just be some scheme of yours to get Ladybug to trust you again and give you a Miraculous back!" She accused her.

"Yeah! You were always just mean and self-centered. Why would you want to change now?!" Kim shouted.

"You are just sad that Sabrina finally decided not to stick with you!" Rose also joined this

"I can't believe I stuck with you for so long!" Sabrina huffed and turned away not to look at Chloe.

The blonde looked distraught at the class. She knew that just by apologizing she would achieve little, but Chloe hoped that at least they would not shun her completely. The last few weeks were hard. Now not even Adrien talked to her anymore. A single tear formed in her eye.

"Don't try playing on our emotions witch!" Alya shouted with anger. "We are all past your lies and manipulation!"

"I estimate ninety percent chance that this is all a plot." Max stated calmly.

Lila didn't say anything aloud, but she was smiling in a twisted way that could be even called evil. She only watched as Chloe was slowly being torn apart by the class. Soon Hawkmoth would get a very strong Akuma.

"You were never even my friend!" Sabrina shouted.

"We don't want you here!"

"Go to New York and stop bothering us!"

"You are just sad, pathetic bitch!" Alya fumed with anger. How dare Chloe try to manipulate them into liking her again.

Tears streamed down Chloe's cheeks. She collapsed onto the floor and sobbed. Marinette decided that this was enough. She jumped from her place and walked in front of the class. "What is wrong with you?! Don't you see you are hurting her!?"

"Shut up bully! You are even worse than her!" Kim didn't care what the blunette said.

"Yeah! The two of you are worth one another! Both of you should get lost!" Rose was also not holding back with insults

"No." Alya said. "Marinette is worse. At least Chloe doesn't try to sleep with random guy just to get Adrien's attent..." She didn't finish when a metal pen suddenly embed itself right in front of her at least an inch deep in the desk.

"That's enough from you." Damian growled. He then walked down with hand twitching. Probably the most irritating thing was that the teacher watched this whole scene and didn't bother to react.

Marinette kneeled next to Chloe. "Don't worry about them. They are not worth getting akumatized for. Listen to me Chloe. Everything's all right. I... I forgive you. I saw that this was sincere."

The blonde looked up, still having tears in her eyes. "Dupain-Cheng? But... But I was the worst to you..."

"But you try to change. And..." Marinette felt something wet hit the back of her head. She touched it and realized that someone spit at her.