Chapter 12

Damienette arranged marriage: part 12

Marinette felt an excruciating pain in her chest. It was like her heart burned alive. She kicked Chat Noir right below the belt. He let go of her and stumbled back, this time falling onto the blanked an holding his manhood. Marinette also fell. A green light covered the general area of her heart.

The excruciating pain slowly died and light faded, but both still lingered. Marinette could feel her limbs stiffen to try and counter the pain. It was like she just survived a serious heart stroke.

She slowly managed to stand up. Chat d'amour was still lying, crying in pain from her two punches. Marinette got to the edge of the balcony and looked down. Her body was still hurting, but she managed to jump over the barrier and slide down the edge. Her beautiful red dress was dirtied and damaged, but she didn't care. She had to get away. She had to escape. But she was still too close. She had to get down. But she was three storeys above the ground. It took her only a moment to make the decision to jump.

People who were down there watched in fear as young girl fall from the roof. Marinette had to think fast. She cursed herself internally that she left her bag at Chloe. Tikki was still there. She did not plan on leaving in this outfit. She loved the dress, but there was a need for some accessories. Specifically, a place for Tikki. Acting in panic she tried to grab herself onto some sill, but it did little to actually work. She was sure she would smash into the ground.

Hard pavement came much to fast. She only managed to slightly bend her knees and extend her legs to minimize the impact. When she came into contact, the momentum pushed her into the ground and she felt immense pain in her soles, but to her relief she was able to walk. And more importantly, to run. All of her person was full of pain and each step felt like walking barefoot on broken glass, but the fear of what would happen if the Akuma caught her won over physical discomfort. She had to get away. She had to get to the hotel. Marinette needed Tikki. And more importantly she had to check if Damian was safe. Oh Kwami! Damian! He tried to defend me and Chat threw him at the wall! He must have been hurt badly. He doesn't have miraculous to protect him!

But what mattered most was that she had to stop Chat. She couldn't let him harm anyone because of her. He was doing it because she rejected him. He got akumatized over the fact that Ladybug rejected her and then apparently he shifted his focus on Marinette, only for her to publicly start dating Damian! But that was no reason to wreck the whole city. To get akumatized! To try and kiss her!

She shuddered at the memory. This was not okay. Marinette remembered her panic. In the hindsight, maybe breaking his nose was not a sign enough... I will go straight to castration if it ever happens again. Great. Now I sound like Damian...

"So your mother is some cult leader that decided to play a matchmaker?" Chloe asked in disbelief. "Ridiculous! Utterly Ridiculous! And why Dupain-Cheng? I mean I... What does she brings into it? How would your mother even know about her?"

"I am not sure." Damian admitted. He operated on half-truths since the beginning of the talk. "Maybe that's exactly why. Marinette has heart of gold and she doesn't care about people's past, their status or family. She just looks at them and what they have inside." He spoke from his own experience. She didn't care that his mother was the one who forced him into this. She apologized for inconvenience she caused him.

"But why her? There must be thousands of girls like her that would entail at least some benefit..."

"I can assure you miss Bourgeois that there is no one like her."

"I guess..." She wanted to say more, but seeing Damian start to glare through the window angry made her stop. Now there was the brooding ball of angst she heard so much about.

The whole talk while waiting for the ambulance was taking too freaking long for his liking. They sat here for almost half an hour by now. He could only guess that Akuma attack was making things hard, but he had no idea why since no one besides him was hurt to his knowledge. It was like people stopped caring about them. He tried to call Drake again, but there was no answer whatsoever. It was almost like they were isolated from the rest of the world.

The realization dawned on him. He was a complete idiot. The idiocy on par with that of Drake. "Nobody is coming. I think I know lover cat's powers." He stated

"Then talk instead of sitting there like an utter idiot!"

"Isolation. He wants to have Marinette only for himself, but this idiot probably used his powers on us too!" Damian was fuming. Chat not only tried to take Marinette against her will, but his whole goal was to make her separate from everyone. Screw the rules, he would gut him and worry about the consequences later.

Standing up he felt pain rush through his leg. Damian frowned, but he used his sword in scabbard to support himself. That is until Chloe pushed him back to the bed.

"You are not going anywhere Lover Boy. Last thing I need is you making Dupain-Cheng a widow before she turns sixteen."

"Why are you suddenly so defensive of her?" Damian scowled at the blonde. From what he knew, she was not the kind type. And he didn't buy the sudden 'change of heart' thing.

"Because I don't want to be alone! I want to have friends! I know I am utterly ridiculous, but I want to have real friends! She was ready to just forgive me and defend me! I want... I want to repay her!"

"Then man up and help me get to my room. I need to call one person who can help us." Damian snarled. He was still unconvinced, but it seemed that it didn't matter. It was that or leaving Marinette alone with the French Psycho #2. Blonde frowned, but helped him nonetheless.

They arrived at his room and Damian got a reinforced case from under his bed. He made sure to open it just a little bit and snatch the satelite phone and smash it back locked before Chloe saw the kevlar suit inside. It was enough revelations because he fucked up today anyway. His brothers would not let him live the fact that he revealed the marriage anyway. If he also outed himself as Robin, he would probably just return to being a hermit in the mountains. It would sure be easier than the scolding from father and jokes from his brothers.

He pulled the phone and pressed several buttons. After scanning his finger, the screen came to life. He picked the number and called. After two rings a muffled voice came from the other side.

"Yeah yeah. I need Superboy so drag your tired ass here this instant!"

"~~~~"

"I don't care what your father said!"

"~~~~"

"Eh... My wife is in trouble... I hear one tease from you and I am asking father for Kryptonite knuckle dusters for birthday!"

There was a sound of incoming plane and suddenly someone crashed through the window. The boy wore a zipp-up jacket with Superman logo, jeans trousers and had ruffled black hair. He was about thirteen, maybe fourteen.

"'tsup?"

"Shut up Super boy ." Damian frowned. He had to restrain himself not to out Kent in front of the irritating girl. He wished he just got Mari home when he had a chance.

"I though we were on the first-name basis Robin!"

The sound of Damian's facepalm could be heard in Fortress of Solitude.