chapter five

wednesday.

Seokwoo wakes up alone.

Alone, and with a blaring phone, which an odd number calls him from and fuck, Jackson.

"Hello?" He sits up quickly, wincing at the sound of his groggy voice. The one that answers him is clear and perfect, deep voice contradicting Seokwoo's higher pitched, exhaustion laced words.

"Hey, Seokwoo. It's Jackson Wang, hope I didn't call at a bad time."

Seokwoo slips off the blankets quickly, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He's eager to talk to the other, eyes wide with excitement. "Hey- hey! No, what? A bad time, pft," he knows he's talking too much but he can't stop, "for you? No time is a bad time."

"I-", Jackson pauses, taking in a sharp breath, "okay! That's fun. Hey, I got your location from Hyungsik, and... I'll be in the area tomorrow for an interview in the morning; do you want to meet up?"

Too fast. Their relationship had just set sail and already Seokwoo can sense a storm approaching. "Of course!" He couldn't care less. He needed to save his career.

Something inside him is yearning to pull away, desperation clawing at him to hang up and leave. Maybe it's the others tone, or a premonition or something, but... Seokwoo doesn't care. He refuses to listen.

"That's great!" Jackson cheers, and Seokwoo can hear the smile he must be wearing. "So, I'll text you with some details. But I need to run, my flight's boarding soon."

It's only been two minutes, Seokwoo realizes, pouting. Was this how things were with the other? Quick and ineffective to the greater cause? "Oh, yeah, sure." He stands up, groaning quietly. "Just text me."

"Definitely. I'll talk to you soon, okay? Sorry, this was such bad timing for me to call you," he laughs quietly, "I just had no free time today and really wanted to get this call in somehow, you know?"

Jackson's voice is quiet, soft, even, and Seokwoo smiles. "No, uh, it's fine. Don't worry about it! You'll text me?"

"Oh! Yeah, haha, absolutely."

The call ends. Seokwoo drops his phone to the bed and leaves the room, noticing the dark outside. When he's walking down the stairs, he notices he sound of the rain that must be coming down outside.

Outside it's dark, the surrounding forest unable to be seen through the thick blanket of light, though the light on the porch desperately tries to cut through it. Youngbin glances up at the younger when he approaches him in the living room, sliding over on the couch when Seokwoo nudges his side. "Hey."

"Hi," the taller mumbles tiredly, curling up next to him. "I talked to Jackson."

"Who?" Youngbin widens his eyes, pitching forward. "You talked to who!?"

Blinking, Seokwoo remembers that Youngbin only knew about Hyungsik, and not the other actor. "Oh, yeah, Hyungsik wanted to tell me that Jackson wants me for a movie."

Jaeyoon, who had only entered the room during the last part of the conversation, promptly turns and leaves.

"What? That's great! Why would he ever have an interest in you?"

"Hey!" Seokwoo pouts, grabbing the brunette's hand. "That's so mean."

"Sorry, sorry." Youngbin smirks, beginning to stand up. "I'm making dinner tonight, do you want to help me?"

Shrugging, Seokwoo gets up beside him, huffing. "I suppose." He follows the older into the kitchen, smiling when he sees Juho at the table. "Hey."

Juho stands up and leaves the room, not bothering to say hello back to the man he'd fallen asleep in the arms of twice in the past day. Seokwoo watches him go, frowning. "Okay..?"