chapter seven

Seokwoo has one hour to change his mind on the decision.

Juho and him had stayed awake that night, filming a video for the aforementioned's channel, on them dating. Watching it over countless times, Seokwoo was amazed at how easily believable it was that the two of them could possibly be dating.

"We're dating," Juho smiled, leaning forward on his knees to look at the camera. "We have been for a while, about four, five months?" Seokwoo nodded, laughing.

Juho's hand had fit so easily in Seokwoo's, fingers curling together as if they were molded to. Seokwoo bit his lip, looking to the door for a moment. Juho continued talking, digging their grave further and further unknowingly.

The older sighs from where he's laying in bed, glancing at Seokwoo. "We doing this?"

"We're doing this," Seokwoo murmurs in response, trying to tell himself more than answer the other that this was their plan. "We're doing it."

Juho nods absently, fingers trailing over his lips as he watches his laptop screen. "Forty minutes, then."

"Do you think people will watch it?"

"No, I think my hundred thousand subscribers will just ignore the notification for the first video I've posted in five months."

Seokwoo blanches. "I'm your comeback video!?"

"Didn't... Didn't reading Jaeyoon's Tweets yesterday give you that impression already?"

Sighing, Seokwoo lays back. "I guess," he hums, watching the ceiling. "What time is it?"

Juho laughs, almost in disbelief, when his phone display clicks on. "About three," he grins, "it feels so much earlier."

Blankly, Seokwoo turns to look at him. His heart skips a beat when Juho steals a quick peek at the other, turning away just as fast. Why had he done this? The fake dating was unnecessary, they could easily have not done this, and everything would be fine, but...

Seokwoo's fallen for the other, and there was no way he could ever tell Juho.

"I know how your type is."
"Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Twenty minutes," Juho hums, laying down. "Should we stay awake for the shitstorm, or wake up to it?"

"Watching things unfold will probably be easier."

Seokwoo nods, letting his mind drift for a moment. Then, pausing, he widens his eyes. There's a new problem now.

Jackson.

Seokwoo sits up in a panic, staring at Juho. "Jackson."

Juho mimics the other's motions, computer falling off of his lap. "Did he text you?"

"No, we-" Seokwoo shakes his head, eyes wide, "we... You know."

"Oh," Juho laughs. "Well, yeah, I could tell when you came home."

Home.

"But you said in the video we've been dating for a while," Seokwoo tries to connect the dots for Juho, who catches on a moment later.

"Oh..." His eyes dawn with realization as they widen, watching Seokwoo. "That's not good."

Then, he snaps his fingers. "So you cheated on me!"

"I didn't mean to!" Seokwoo shouts back defensively, and Juho giggles, picking his laptop back up. "Why are you laughing? This is serious!"

Juho swings his legs over the edge of the bed, turning to Seokwoo fully as he sets his computer on his lap, clicking away on it relentlessly. "We're just faking," he explains, and Seokwoo bites his lip. "We'll say you were drunk. We won't bring it up unless Jackson does."