chapter 7

The pretty roommate caught my eye and lifted a brow. "Maybe you have redeeming qualities after all, Yoongi." I flipped her off, because, well, that's what I do. I made my way to the edge of the block, where Tae and the boys were leaning against a white Lexus. A very nervous looking Polo shirt was pacing back and forth in front of them threatening to call the cops, waving his Phone around and asking repeatedly if they had any idea who his dad was. I tucked my hands in my front pockets and cocked my head to the side. I could see why Y/N's parents loved this guy. He was alright looking. He was custom-made to be the husband who had a piece on the side while the pretty wife smiled for the cameras during election time.

 While my relationship with Y/N tended to be tumultuous at best, I knew one a soul-deep level that she deserved better than whatever this slimeball was selling

 While my relationship with Y/N tended to be tumultuous at best, I knew one a soul-deep level that she deserved better than whatever this slimeball was selling. "Hey, Polo shirt, slow down a minute. I just wanna talk to you for a second." He was in the middle of telling Tae that he was going to sue him for this or that and that his dad was a judge so they would throw the book at him when he finally flailing arms and glared at me. "I know who you are, you know. Y/N might think she's clever but she has a picture of you and your brothers in her room on her nightstand. Her parents have told me multiple times about her unhealthy attachment to you and your family. Her father has even threatened to stop paying for school for her if she keeps showing such questionable judgment in who she spends time with. This little encounter might just seal the deal." I had to give the creep credit-on my own I am a fairly intimidating guy, but he was surrounded guys who were just as big and a hell of a lot more used to physical violence than he obviously was, but the little punk help his ground. "I don't know what her fascination with a freak like you is, but it's time for her to outgrow it. She belongs with someone like me." Tae snickered and Hobi laughed outright. I just shook my head a little and lifted my mouth in a twisted grin. "I think she belongs with someone more interested in getting into her pants than into her daddy's wallet. Y/N's a good girl and she has a good head on her shoulders. The fact she wouldn't let you even round first base in six months is pretty telling, bro. From the sound of it, you would have better luck taking her folks on a date than her. Look, she's like family. This is a friendly little chat because we're on a public street and my generosity has a time limit. Leave her alone, end of story." He looked like he wanted to argue, wanted to say something back, but the mountain of a human being who was clearly the bouncer for the bar came around the corner. Lou looked at the guys leaning on the car and then to the heated Polo shirt and shook his head. "Enough. You four go back in. Belinda told me what was going on so your tab is on me. You"- he pointed a meaty finger at Jimin-"you are no longer allowed at the bar; consider yourself eighty-sixed. If Y/N doesn't want you here, I don't care how much you got in your wallet or what kinda pull your old man has, this is my house and you aren't welcome. Next time you want to get all up on one of my girls or put your hands on them, you won't have to worry about these guys because I'll make sure they never find your body, understand?" Even I didn't question that this monster meant business, so Polo shirt gulped and nodded his head slightly. My boys pushed of the car and Tae "accidentally" shoved into him as they made their way over to where I was standing. Jimin swore and jumped into his car. He pulled away from the curb and flipped us all the bird as he squealed into traffic. The bouncer looked me up and down and flicked his impassive gaze over our motley crew. "You friends with Y/N?" I mean we weren't friends, exactly, but it was as close as any other explanation so I shrugged and answered, "Sure." He nodded. "I'm Lou. I look out for the girls who work here. Y/N and Belinda just happen to be two of my favorites. Thy're good girls and they work hard here-they aren't here just to show their asses and get into trouble-I respect that. I don't let anyone mess with those two; in fact, I take it personally when someone tries to." I wasn't sure why he was telling me all this but, frankly, he was one scary mother so I kept my mouth shut and just kept making eye contact. "Y/N is a sweet kid but she tries to do too much by herself. If that asshole  keeps bothering her she'll just suffer in silence." Now he was looking at me pointedly, so I lifted an eyebrow. "I wanna know if something needs to be done about him."