Chapter 16

Y/N POV

I was having a hard time concentrating in my study group, which wasn't a good thing because we were all expected to carry our own weight. I was pretty good with anantomy so I wasn't too worried about falling behind, but I didn't want anyone else to fall behind because I couldn't keep my head in the game. Trying to find time to work in Yoongi with my already busy schedule was proving to be a daunting and frustrating task. In the last two weeks I had only managed to squeeze in two lunch dates when he had time between clients, a Friday night when he came to the bar with his friends and hung out with me until I got off, and a subsequent Saturday night that, of course, led to Sunday morning. I had to work, so Sunday was just a brief kiss good-bye and then I was on my way out the door. We talked on the phone and texted back and forth, but it wasn't enough for me. Now that I was sleeping with him on a regular basis it wasn't enough for the me who wanted nothing more than to roll around in bed with him every chance I got. My phone went off a couple times in my pocket but like a good college student I ignored it and gritted my teeth through the rest of the question-and-answer portion of the meeting. As soon as time was up, I gathered my things and bolted. I wanted to see what was on my phone. Yoongi liked to send me dirty text messages when I least expected it. They made me get all breathless and silly and I couldn't wait to see what these might read. Only the name on my phone wasn't Yoongi's, but Jimin's, and that made me want to toss the phone onto the ground. My mom was still insisting on a family get-together; luckily her schedule was so busy that I had managed to avoid it and Jimin for the last few weeks, but from the sounds of the messages he had left me that was no longer the case. 

Y/N, I spoke to your mother today. She would like me to bring you to Carmel on Saturday night for dinner at dinner at the club. She would like you to stay the night there and then we are doing a big gathering at her house on Sunday for brunch. My parents will be there  along with several other influential people.

I groaned out loud and scrolled down to the  next message

I know you are hesitant to spend time alone  with me after my erratic behavior, but I assure you, my intentions are good. All I'm offering is a ride.

I most definitely didn't want to be stuck in a car with Jimin for an hour and I most certainly didn't want to deal with my mother for an entire weekend. Plus, Saturday night had proven the one night a week I actually got to spend with Yoongi and I absoultely didn't want to give that up, but I didn't see where I had a choice. I bit my lip and replied that I would be there but that I would be driving myself. There was no way in hell I was going to Carmel without a way to escape. He texted back that that would be fine and asked if I would mind giving him a ride. I wanted to say no but I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to just take him and drop him off. We arranged to meet at a bakery that was between our two places on Saturday morning and I was just about to put the phone away when Yoongi's sneering face looked up at me from the display and I couldn't hold in a smile. Belinda warned me every day that I had to be careful. I was in love with Yoongi; Yoongi wasn't in love with me. We were having sex, really amazing, make-the-world-stop sex, but he never, ever mentioned anything about a relationship or how he felt. My roommate was sure I was standing on the cliff of an epic heartbreak, just waiting to fall over. For now I was okay taking what he was willing to give-I mean, it was more than he had ever given to anybody else- but in the back of my mind I knew it wouldn't be enough forever, and eventually something between us was going to have to change, or at the very least, be defined into clearer terms that I could live with.