chapter 15

Yoongi POV

I drove the rest of the way, keeping one eye on the road and one eye on Tae, who was making  increasingly loud noises of the distress in the back. When we got to the apartment, I looked across the cab at Y/N but she was bent over the back of the seat, rubbing Tae's head and uttering soothing words to him. "Hey, I don't know how long it'll take to get him squared away so you can just hang out and if you want me to run you home or whatever I will." She looked at me over her shoulder and raised a pale brow. "Yoongi, it's fine. It's not like I don't know how you end up in that state normally in on Sunday morning. Like I told you, I just have to be at work on Sunday, around ten. As long as you make that happen, we're good." At a loss for words, I just stared at her for a moment before Tae's  gurgling made me move. "Have you always been this awesome?" 

She shut all the doors behind us and help me haul Tae up the steps I noticed Y/N didn't answer my question, but she did get Tae a huge glass of water and fished around in my bathroom until she found some painkillers

She shut all the doors behind us and help me haul Tae up the steps I noticed Y/N didn't answer my question, but she did get Tae a huge glass of water and fished around in my bathroom until she found some painkillers. She left both on the bathroom sink in the hall that Tae used and gave me a pointed look. "Come find me when you're done," I swore in a long litany under my breath as I helped Tae battle his thermal and jeans off. I was contemplating shoving his ass in a cold shower when the tequila started to take its revenge. When I finally was sure he wasn't going to get sick anymore, I hauled him to his bed and made sure he was face down before I did a quick cleanup of the bathroom and myself and then went to find Y/N. The door to my room was cracked open, and she had my TV on. I wasn't sure what I was going to find the dirty part of my imagination had all kinds of interesting scenarios laid out, but what awaited me wasn't one of them. 

She had my California King strip to the mattress pad and was making short work of changing all the bedding

She had my California King strip to the mattress pad and was making short work of changing all the bedding. The crazy blue shoes were in the center of the floor looking totally out of place next to my discarded t-shirts and jeans, and as I propped myself up in the doorway, all I could do was watch her. She seems to be having some kind of conversation with herself, but she was muttering too low for me to hear what she was saying. I waited a full five minutes for her to look up at me and notice me watching her, but she never did, so I asked, "What are you doing?" Which made her jump about a foot in the air. She put a hand on her chest and had the good grace to look at little bit guilty. "Changing your sheets." "Why?" "Uh... Why?" "Yes, Y/N, why are you changing the sheets at nearly three in the morning?" She was safe from answering when the BTS song ring from a pocket. I was starting to see she like to pick songs for ringtones that fit the person calling. She had a brief conversation with someone I assumed was Belinda and left the phone on the nightstand next to the bed. She picked up the edge of my comforter and started to smooth it back over the big bed. "Belinda got a ride home. I guess your friend in the band remembered her from the bar and offered to take her." "That's cool. Namjoon isn't exactly known for being a one-girl kind of guy, so I hope she isn't reading anything into it."  'Like I said she can take care of herself and honestly you aren't really known for that either"- she waved a hand over the bed -"so I'll be damned if I'm going to sleep let alone do anything else in a bed that has had more visitors then DIA without changing the sheets first." Her bottom lip stuck out, and she sounded slightly defiant. "Y/N." I moved out of the doorway, making sure to shut it and turn the lock on my way to her. "No one has been in that bed since you. I'll told you I knew on that Saturday that something was happening between us that was different." She shivered a little as I got close, and I could see raw vulnerability in her eyes. It was scary to know how easily I could hurt this girl and how desperately I didn't want that to happen. "I don't know how to do this with you, Yoongi. I drunkenly threw myself at you and was lucky you were willing to catch me but sober it's hard to look at that bed and not see every single other girl who was there before me sometimes more than one at a time." She tried to make light of it, but I could hear the genuine Melancholy coloring her tone. I put both hands on her face, tilted her head back so that we were eye-to-eye. "I can't change the past, Casper, not any of it. I can't make any of those girls or the fact you walked in on them on Sunday mornings time and time again disappear. I can't bring Jungkook back or go back in time and not call him for a ride that night. There are probably a million and one regrets I have and if they are going to be between us here or in bed then let's just stop it now because I'm not going to do combat over my past and my future is finally starting to see something I want to invest in." She lifts her hands up and grasps my wrists at first I thought she was going to push me away, but she didn't. She leaned forward and let her forehead hit the center of my chest. "Yoongi, if this goes bad, it's going to be so, so bad." Her voice was just a husky whisper against my chest. "True, but if it's good, it's going to be very, very good." I tunneled my fingers through her hair, and she let her hands fall to my shoulders. We weren't a perfect match; she was a lot shorter than me, and I had to admit that I knew logically we made an odd pair physically, but there was just something about her. Something about the way she curved into me the way she signed my name like a prayer the way she smelled like sunshine and sweetness and everything yummy all wrapped into one bite that made none of that matter. It made her the only girl I could ever remember wanting to hold onto for more than a Night  She started to pull my shirt over my head, and I laughed a little when she got mad when it got stuck on my head. She made a face at me and tossed it over her shoulder onto the floor. She traced her hands over my ribs and stopped to look at the artwork imprinted there.