Chapter 5 - Infected

Laa Laa helped the Guardian collect the custards in some abandoned ruin. As she was collecting the custards, Laa Laa felt increasingly worried. She began to shake in fear. "Laa Laa? You ok?" The Guardian asked her. "I'm s-scared..." Laa Laa's shoulders slumped in defeat. The Guardian walked up to her and hugged her again. She hugged him back, crying into him. They hugged each other for a while and then they collected the last custards.

"That's all of them." The Guardian said. "Let's go." He looked back and saw Laa Laa crouching where they found the last custard. "I c-can't go on...." She said. "Come on! Just a little farther! We'll find a cure, I promise." He said eagerly. He started to walk away. "Wh-Where are you going?" He looked back at her. "Don't worry Laa Laa. I'm going to get you some help." The Guardian told her. "Okay.. Come back soon."

The Guardian walked a bit farther away from her. Laa Laa felt herself mutating.

I guess this is the end. Why did this have to happen?

Those were her last thoughts she had before she was reborn. The poor yellow tubby let out an ear splitting cry and she was lost to the infection.

The Guardian heard this and turned back running. No, no! This can't be happening! His mind screamed.

His eyes widened. Laa Laa was infected.

"Poor Laa Laa... I'm sorry I couldn't save you.."