Scars~ one

Soulmate AU where if your soulmate gets cut or bruised it shows up on you, too. (Yes, the pain too.)

⚠️⚠️MENTION OF CUTTING//SELF-HARM⚠️⚠️

"Nope. Try the other one again." Madeleine said, yet again.

"You know, it's not that important. It's not like we're meeting the Pope." I chuckled at my friend, who was sitting on my bed and critiquing every get-up I came up with. We were going to a comedy show for my birthday, and she wanted us to look "not like a couple of hobos who snuck in through the back".

"It is so important! You have been dying to go to one of his shows for years! You have to look nice." She smiled.

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks again for the tickets, Maddie." I smiled, going to try on another outfit that Madeleine would inevitably reject.

"I know. I'm the best." She brushed off the shoulder of her jean jacket, and I laughed. I grabbed an outfit quickly while she was distracted by her phone and took it into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror at the red dress I was wearing. I sighed.
I do not look good in formal wear.

I pulled on the outfit I'd grabbed; a black tank top, a grey hoodie that was surely at least three sizes too big, and a pair of deep blue, outrageously ripped, jeans. I looked in the mirror again, this time being happy with what stared back. I turned and checked out my butt in the reflection.

Holy shit. These jeans be hittin' different.

I suddenly felt a thin, sharp pain on my forearm. I inhaled sharply and pulled up the oversized sleeve of my hoodie. Small trickles of blood started seeping down my arm, as small lines were carved into my skin.

"Fuck!" I hissed, trying not to let Madeleine hear me. I quickly whacked myself in the head after three lines had appeared, and after a second the pain stopped. I turned on the tap, and ran warm water over the fresh cuts. I yanked a white towel off of its hook, and started dabbing the blood off of my arm. I looked down at the now pink towel, and sighed. I rubbed my head, thanking god that they felt the hit I gave myself. I've had to slap myself in the face really hard before just to make them stop.

My soulmate, whoever they are, has had a serious problem with cutting. For as long as I remember, at least since I was 10, I've gotten cuts on my wrists, forearms, even thighs sometimes. It made me so upset, and deeply worried. I wanted to talk to them, comfort them; help them. If only I could meet them. I hope I can find them and tell them to stop before it's too late.

I pulled the ginormous hoodie back down over my butt, and walked out of the bathroom. Madeleine stood up upon seeing me. She opened her mouth, then closed it again.

"I'm not gonna be able to beg you to look decent am I." She used zero inflection, knowing it wasn't a question since she knew the blatant answer.

We slipped our shoes on and walked outside, after Madeleine had called an Uber. Madeleine was for sure going to drink tonight, and although I didn't drink, I also didn't have my drivers license. I know. 20 year old without a drivers license. Crazy.

"So, you looking forward to sitting only a few feet from the stage where Bo will be standing?" Madeleine asked as we saw the Uber pulling up to the house. My spine tingled. Just thinking about it gave me chills.

I've idolized Bo's talent for years. I first heard his music when I listened to Nerds in high school. It got me through some seriously tough times. I've wanted to see one of his shows ever since.

"Mm." I responded, dreamily, and she giggled, knowing of my slight (huge.) crush on the comedian. I just thought he was amazing. He's smart, witty, #deep (I'm so sorry), funny-no, scratch that-hilarious, and.. I think he's absolutely beautiful. Madeleine thinks I'm insane, but I don't trust her judgement; she daydreams about Arnold Schwarzenegger, so she obviously doesn't have the same taste as me.

We rode in the Uber until we arrived at our destination. Madeleine payed the driver, and we hopped out. She led me in the building, and we got to our seats. We're in the front row! Only a few minutes passed before the lights dimmed, and everyone around us started clapping and whooping. My breath hitched and my heart rate rose, and I was so excited that I barely noticed Madeleine touch my arm and mutter a barely audible "happy birthday, babe.".