Scars~ three

We Think We Know You had just finished, and when the applause started to die down, me and Madeleine made our way out.

"That was amazing!" I laughed, almost as a delay of what I'd just seen.

"It really was." She laughed, too, and we walked towards the back of the theatre. We knew a great bar down the street on the other side, and decided to stop there before going home (of course I would be eating instead of joining Madeleine in getting shit faced). When we got to the back, we heard the back door of the theatre open. We both looked and Bo was walking out. My breathing hitched and I intended to keep walking, but Madeleine had other ideas.

"Oh wow, hey!" She said, walking over towards him. He looked over, a little startled and looking anxious as anything. God, he is adorable.

"We just saw your show. It was really good! My friend loved it." I was already planning on slapping her when we got home for this. I was still standing awkwardly where she left me, about ten feet ahead of where she was currently.

"Y/n! C'mere!" She called. I put my head down and walked over. I looked up (a considerable amount being that he was 6'5), and made another segment of prolonged eye contact with Bo. He looked like he was in just as much pain as I was in this situation. I mentally rallied myself into being more sociable and confident, since I would never meet him again. So what the heck, why not have fun with it?

"Hey. It really was a great show. You're really talented." I felt like my face had morphed into the heart-eye emoji, staring up at him. I'd forgotten for a second that Madeleine even existed.  How are his eyes so blue? What the fuck.

"Oh, thanks." He said, graciously. He scrunched his face for a second, before speaking again. "You're the girl I did the "prolonged eye contact" thing with, aren't you?" His face formed a half smile that made me melt.

"Yeah. Yeah, that was, uhm, me." I chuckled, rubbing my arm, and bringing up my sleeve accidentally in the process. He chuckled too for a second, before he saw my arm, and his face dropped and his eyes widened slightly. I looked at my arm and he was staring at my scars. I quickly lowered my sleeve and cleared my throat, desperately wanting to change the topic.

"So, uhm, anyways, just wanted to say I'm a big fan of your stuff." I said, a fake smile plastered on my face. I could tell that both Madeleine and Bo could see right through it, but chose not to say anything about it.

"Oh, yeah? Thanks." He copied the forced grin, and everyone felt tense. I literally want to die right now. Please run me over with a bus.

"It was great meeting you." I say, sticking out my hand, praying to get out of here. My confident approach had backfired and I just wanted to leave.

"Oh, yeah, you too." He shook my hand. How are his hands so soft? Doesn't he play guitar? Shouldn't they be calloused?

"Have a good night!" Madeleine said as we walked away. When he got out of earshot, I went off.

"Fucking hell! That was the worst!" I hissed. Madeleine looked shocked.

"What? What happened? I thought you seemed tense, but why?" She asked, concerned.

"He saw my fucking scars. I accidentally brought up my sleeve and-" I lifted my sleeve to show Madeleine what she'd seen many times before, and my scars weren't there. They were gone. I stopped talking, walking, and even breathing.

"What- where are they? They just-" Madeleine started before realizing to the full extent what had happened. My mouth agape, I stood still and looked up to Madeleine. She had a similar expression.

"Holy shit, it was.. it was him! It was Bo!" She nearly screamed.

"What?" I asked, still not totally "here".

"They were there before you shook his hand, right? Now they're gone! Y/n, oh my god!" She smiled so large that I could see every tooth in her mouth. After a second, I caught the smile. It dropped after a moment's thought.

"Wait, shit. I have to go. I-I have to go catch up to him!" I said, not waiting for Madeleine's response, but instead running down the street where we had seen Bo. He had started walking the opposite way as us, so after I ran down the street and past the theatre, I saw him. I didn't want to seem like a crazed fan chasing him, so I slowed down to catch my breath, only a bit behind him.

"Bo!" I said, loud enough for him to hear me. He turned, confused, then saw me walking up to him.

"Oh, um.. hey?" He said. I didn't bother explaining, but just lifted my sleeve. He looked at my arm, no expression change, still confused. He looked for another second before his eyes widened and he looked to my eyes rapidly before he lifted his own sleeve. There were no scars.

"Hey." I said, grinning. He looked up to me, smiling when the shock passed. I started laughing, and he copied.

If you're short —> I hugged his torso, being to short to wrap my arms around his neck, and laughed into his shirt.

If you're tall —> I hugged him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and my laughing continued.

He wrapped his arms around me, and we stood laughing for a minute. After the initial shock had turned into a resonating, residing happiness, we pulled away.

"Coffee?" I asked. He furrowed his brows.

"I don't think any coffee shops are open at-" he checked his phone. "11:00 pm." He chuckled.  I thought, and then a better idea came to mind.

"Come back to mine?" I asked, hopefully. He smiled and agreed.

We talked until an Uber came, and drove us to my place. The entire night was filled with laughing, eating pasta at like 3 am, jokes, and.. uhm.. other things.

Madeleine came home to a sock on the doorknob, and a little note saying: "go stay with your boyfriend ;) xoxo, your favourite bitch"